Director, Data Science & Analytics
Cisco Meraki is revolutionizing the way IT administrators manage their infrastructure by providing simple and secure cloud-managed solutions. With a large install base of customers and rich, multi-dimensional data sets, the potential for data science to improve business performance for both our customers and our own business is enormous.
As Director of Data Science, you will build and lead a central data team, whose mission is to provide the organization with access to clean data, robust tools, and drive data-driven decision making using both simple and advanced analytical techniques.
We are looking for a proven data science leader, with experience and interest in building top-performing teams, guiding the application of data science and machine learning methods, an eye and passion for data quality, and the ability to connect analytics to business impact.
This role is based in San Francisco or Chicago and be part of our Strategy & Analytics Department.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Own vision and roadmap for team
- Hire a team of data analysts and scientists to support our strategy, product, and support departments
- Determine and manage pipeline for team’s work and prioritize based on business needs
- Support career paths, mentorship, and growth for team members
- Provide technical direction on key data infrastructure decisions
- Ensure access to high quality data and that consistent metrics and analytical approaches are being adhered to across the organization
WHO YOU ARE
- 5-8 years of experience in business analytics, consulting, data science, business intelligence, data quality, and/or data engineering
- At least 1-2 years of management experience
- PhD or relevant advanced degree is a plus
- Passionate about data quality and consistency
- Demonstrated execution of outcomes against objectives and deadlines
- Strong analytical intuition and business acumen
- Interest in and ability to understand cloud networking technologies
- Sense of urgency to drive impact
Are you wondering what it is like to work at Cisco Meraki? Picture a beautiful office, balanced catered meals, fully stocked kitchens, onsite gym and paid time off to volunteer. Meraki Cisco has crafted an amazing equal opportunity focused office where employees thrive. With that said, we are confident you will love it here. Check out more of our benefits on our job page, at https://meraki.cisco.com/jobs, and we look forward to talking with you soon.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
At Cisco Meraki, we don't just accept difference - it's one of our key values. Everybody In means we listen to each other's opinions. Everybody is accepted and valued here, and we are a team that works as one towards our goals. We recognize that diverse teams make the strongest teams, and we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.