Director of Data Science
- Job Description:
As the Director of Data Science, you will be a key business partner to our executive leadership team. This position is responsible for Guaranteed Rate’s BI and analytics functions, ensuring the use of business intelligence applications, like Tableau, enhances business decision making capabilities.
You will lead a group of analysts to develop reporting, through the creation of strategic dashboards, and to generate insights that will drive the business forward. You will be analyzing data and presenting actionable information to help executives make informed business decisions, accelerating and improving decision-making, optimizing internal business processes, increasing operational efficiency, driving new revenues. gaining competitive advantage over business rivals and identifying market trends.
You will join a team that has been recognized as changing the future of our company by enabling better reporting and decision-making based on data. This role will oversee KPI reporting, performance forecasting, behavioral analysis and predictive modeling. The ideal candidate thrives at delivering solutions to complex data problems, has an affinity for data and analytics in support of driving both product-level and business decisions, is a strong team leader and is comfortable working with executives and stakeholders of all levels. As a dynamic leader, you will interface with business users across all functional areas to understand their analytic data needs and to develop a holistic data strategy and roadmap for analytics. We are looking for a strong leader who will be responsible for driving a data driven culture.
- Assume the role of analytical thought leader and reporting manager for Guaranteed Rate.
- Develop, implement, and optimize analytical processes and associated KPI’s to improve how we measure and report on performance, resulting in executive dashboard reporting
- Partner with product, business and finance team leaders to derive business insights from data and translate those insights into actionable business recommendations
- Design and coordinate a curriculum for training in our BI tools to drive adoption and to enhance business decision-making capability.
- Develop and prepare strategies for Business Intelligence processes for organization.
- Perform analysis on organization processes and provide appropriate results.
- Analyze all complex data and identify requirements for business enhancement in project.
- Identify intelligence needs of each department through one-to-one communications of key employees
- Implement the recommendations of intelligence reporting and management.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of trends affecting the industry in all relevant areas
- Establishes the standards and guidelines for all Data related services.
- Developing strategic and operational plans for the teams, managing execution, and measuring results
- Builds relationships and collaborates with other functional areas to identify system integration opportunities and needs.
- Builds partnerships within the business unit/department and with other functional and technical areas.
- Extensive background in Data, self-service and data preparation: sourcing, acquisition, integration.
- Development background in multiple large scale projects involving Data Management, Data Warehousing, and Business Analytics/Reporting.
- Hands-on experience with BI methodology and technologies
- Demonstrated experience leading Enterprise BI and/or Data Warehouse initiatives.
- Experience leveraging BI platforms like Tableau to develop dashboards and reporting
- Expertise with SQL, Excel
- Data extraction tools and methods
- Data cleansing and reconciliation
- Strong analytics and communications background
- Must have a proven track record of working with Senior and C-level executives to determine analytics data requirements and implementing systems to warehouse and retrieve key business information
- Strong written and verbal communications skills with prior experience working with the senior executives in Technology and Business
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative and diverse environment