Director of Data Science at DialogTech
DialogTech is a venture funded, growth stage, digital marketing technology company with over 4,000 customers and 200 employees. Since the beginning of 2014, DialogTech has experienced over 300% growth in its enterprise customer base and doubled its average customer size.
As the Director of Data Science, you will be responsible for continuing this process of innovation, working with the team to deliver creative solutions using the latest techniques from across the spectrum of AI applications.
- Lead the data science and data labeling teams in identification, experimentation, and execution of data analytics products.
- Define new data science solutions based on structured and unstructured data, especially call transcripts and call audio.
- Guide our team’s innovative approaches using your deep understanding in AI techniques including natural language processing, machine learning, deep learning, anomaly detection, and unsupervised learning.
- Evaluate the evolving and dynamic landscape of possible technology partners for integration into our platform and our solutions.
- Demonstrate passion for collaborating with customers directly, both our business partners and their data science teams, to understand business goals and constraints, and to ensure access to the data we need to build models that drive improvements for them.
- Collaborate with Software Engineering teams in the productization of models
- Work with our Operations team on data retention and data preparation processes to ensure we have the foundations to innovate and deliver market leading solutions.
- Promote the role of our data science capabilities internally and externally, with our customers, at conferences, and with industry analysts.
- 5+ years of experience leading teams of data scientists, engineers, and other data and analytics professionals using analytics and software development processes for NLP and machine learning on unstructured data.
- Validated understanding of advanced techniques in statistics and predictive analytics.
- Ability to collaborate with the Product Management team, and customers directly, to conceptualize business goals, objectives, and constraints in the development of new products and solutions.
- Expertise in delivering projects with strong knowledge of data discovery, cleaning, model selection, validation, and deployment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly evaluate and understand new concepts and technologies and adapt to changes and demands in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Fluency in Python, and proficiency in AI related frameworks like NLTK, Scikit-learn, Tensorflow, Keras. Exposure working in a Linux/Unix environment, and with source code control systems like Git. Experience working in AWS.
- Familiarity with multiple data storage platforms including MySQL, RDS, Dynamo, Elastic, and Redis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field; Master’s degree in related field preferred.
Join us at one of the Best Places to Work in Chicago and nationally, 10 times running, Chicago Tribune's Top 100 Workplaces company and a 2017 Crain's Fast 50 company.