Director of Data Strategy
The Director of Data Strategy is responsible for leading the data-related strategy and product development for all client engagements at Conversion Alliance. This includes developing and delivering client solutions around data and analytics, as well as managing and growing the consumer data, prospect email, and targeted display practices at Conversion Alliance.
- Develop innovative data & targeted digital solutions and act a thought leader for Conversion Alliance in the area of data and analytics.
- Leverage in-house consumer data, and evaluate new data partnerships and cutting-edge targeted digital techniques to develop world-class solutions that help improve client marketing performance.
- Generate data-related and targeted digital revenues for Conversion Alliance by supporting the sales teams with training and ongoing client consultation.
- Drive insights for client businesses through in-depth analysis of client and third-party data, and provide recommendations to improve future client results.
- Conduct strategic review sessions with clients and sales teams to discuss current marketing efforts, review objectives and strategies, and determine insights needs.
- Train/coach sales teams on the development of performance analytics techniques that can be used to close new business opportunities and retain existing client business.
- Work with the Database Marketing Manager to develop best practices for maximizing investments in data & analytic tools and incorporate solutions into agency proposals.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, engineering, computer science or equivalent related experience in database, digital, and direct marketing. Master’s degree preferred.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of print and digital analytics, database marketing, media advertising, list marketing and statistical modeling.
- 8+ years of directly applicable business experience in at least three of the following areas: direct marketing, database marketing, internet/social/mobile marketing, geographic information services, data modeling, and list services.
- Must have a mastery of all commonly used database marketing tools and disciplines, with specific expertise in the Microsoft Office suite of products and Business Intelligence environment. Experience with MapInfo, Alteryx, campaign management software, R, SAS, Oracle, or SQL Server a plus.
- Experience with segmentation, financial modeling techniques, and complex test design.
- Must be creative, technically strong and be comfortable in a highly analytical environment.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills; able to convey project goals, as well as clearly summarize progress, results and recommendations to C-Level executives both within tronc and with clients.
- Requires strong negotiating, motivation and time management skills.
- Ability to coach, counsel, lead, and inspire internal and external customers and staff.
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done quickly with high level of quality.