DIRECTOR, DECISION SCIENCE at Conversant
Your role will be to build and lead a new R&D team. Your team will use data science, machine learning, and other disciplines to create new data-based capabilities for Conversant’s real-time digital marketing business.
Conversant analyzes privacy-safe data at internet scale. We handle 200B+ of online interactions a day and have $3.8 trillion in multichannel purchases in our database. The Decision Sciences group is a collaborative R&D team that continually enhances Conversant’s award-winning personalization platform through a combination of data science, machine learning, AI, computer science, and more.
Our colleagues love the fast-paced, dynamic work environment, the speed with which we translate research to business impact, the opportunity to continually learn new knowledge and skills, the internal research seminars and external training opportunities, and the excellent work-life balance our culture promotes.
We prioritize talent and potential over having closely similar prior experience. If data and inference excite you, and you can do the kind of research that starts with a blank sheet of paper and turns it into a new technological reality, we want to talk to you.
- Work with Product and Engineering stakeholders to develop an R&D roadmap.
- Hire data scientists and other talent to build a highly productive team.
- Manage projects end-to-end from early stage research through development.
- Use your expertise in data science and/or computer science to research and recommend solutions to our technology and business problems.
- Provide technology leadership to yield innovative differentiating solutions.
- Develop an understanding of Conversant’s personalization platform and proprietary datasets.
- Implement and optimize state of the art algorithms in distributed environments.
- Work with our Engineering teams to integrate your solutions into Conversant’s platform.
- Participate fully in our collaborative approach to research and applications projects.
- Graduate degree, Ph.D. preferred, in a computational, mathematical, engineering, or scientific field.
- Research experience in a computational area such as data science, computer science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistics, or graph algorithms.
- 2+ years leading R&D projects.
- Ability to initiate, lead, and conduct R&D projects.
- Organizational, motivational and interpersonal skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to summarize technically complex information for a non-technical audience.