Director Enterprise Data Management at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Enterprise Technology team at Discover is looking for a Director, Data Management. In this role you will lead a group of Business/Data Analysts, partner with data architects, business stake holders and leaders in delivering next generation Enterprise Data Assets – Operational Data Stores and Data Warehouse. If you are equally adept at building and leading teams, fostering strong partnerships with business, enabling the enterprise to leverage data as a key enterprise asset, leading through change, and delivering capabilities delighting your customers, this role is for you.
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of business/data analysts, partner closely with data architects , work with business product owners in developing requirements, prioritizing work and delivering enterprise data assets
- Partner with various leaders across the firm, understand their data needs and develop a strategic vision to meet their enterprise data needs
- Review existing systems in relation to future needs and benefits and recommend improvements to meet Discover’s enterprise data needs
- Manage and control costs associated with collecting, managing and sharing data while growing the value of the data to the organization.
- Provide prioritization, project oversight and mentorship on large scale data-related or data-intensive initiatives and measure and monitor benefits realization of those initiatives.
- Manage data driven projects involving timelines, vendor relationships, and budgets to ensure projects are delivered with the highest quality and within specified timeframes.
- Develop and design presentations, reports, and other deliverables and summarize findings to key stakeholders and executive leadership, communicating with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Attract, recruit and lead the industry’s best talent and simultaneously have the technical chops to ensure we are developing the appropriate data assets based on the highest value business use cases
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- Proven ability to champion an idea and bring a group to consensus
- Proven ability to set enterprise level data capabilities, applying an in-depth understanding of the business strategy while enabling adoption of the enterprise assets
- Excellent problem-solving skills involving complex and ambiguous issues
- Ability to tell a compelling story around enterprise usage of data
- At least 10 years of experience in a Technology Leadership position
- At least 7 years of professional work experience in data warehousing / analytics
- At least 7 years of experience in leading large data initiatives
- At least 5 years of in the data management area
- At least 5 years’ experience leading business/data requirements teams
- At least 5 years’ experience working with business leaders in rationalizing and prioritizing requirements
- At least 3 years of Business Intelligence/reporting experience
- At least 1 year of experience working with cloud data capabilities
- Strong communication and presentation Skills
- Master's Degree or PhD
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.