Director, New Markets and Deal Development at Everspring
Everspring, Inc. is an ed-tech trailblazer. We create customized, integrated digital solutions that enable top universities to design and deliver their programs online, with excellence. Our exceptional technology platform and complementary services empower universities to focus on teaching engaging content that transforms lives.
We offer a range of full-service turnkey solutions and fee-for-service offerings, as well as a set of innovative standalone products. We deliver industry-leading outcomes in academics and instructional design; market research and program design; marketing and lead generation; recruitment and enrollment services; student support and retention services; and technology infrastructure and analytics. Our proprietary methodologies yield uniquely tailored solutions that drive tangible value for our university partners, their faculty, and their students.
Based in Chicago, Everspring serves a growing number of colleges and universities.
As part of this team, the Director of New Markets and Deal Development will quarterback Everspring’s new deal evaluation process, own market intelligence, and research new markets for potential product and service expansion and entry. This role will work cross-functionally with Marketing, Technology, Learning Design, Finance, and the University Partnerships team to match Everspring’s service and product offerings with prospective client needs and build the Everspring business cases to support new deals. Further, this role will provide market intelligence, evaluate education product and service markets for prospective opportunity, and work with the Product, Marketing, and Technology teams to craft Everspring’s future offerings and market entry strategies. This position is a dynamic opportunity for someone who wants to build and shape the products, services, and deals that drive outstanding outcomes for Everspring’s partners and customers. This position reports to the CFO.
Business Development – Lead Deal Development and Evaluation Process
- Work closely with sales management to capitalize on new opportunities
- Successfully match Everspring product and business model offerings with client needs
- Build and present business cases (with inputs from key functional stakeholders) for internal deal evaluation and approval
- Continually evaluate customer needs and market dynamics, recommending go-forward deal and offering strategy
- Act as product & market strategist and resource to the sales organization for messaging and presentations as needed
- Work with Sales team to convey deal/relationship value to prospective clients
Market Intelligence and New Markets Analysis – Keep Everspring abreast of market developments and opportunities
- Develop a thorough understanding of the market, including industry trends, market problems, key influencers, and competitive activities
- Monitor Everspring competitive set for new product and business model offerings and early signs of market developments
- Develop expertise of our customers, including market segments, customer perception, value drivers, and use of our products/competitive products
- Communicate market & customer insights cross-functionally to help inform product, marketing and sales team efforts
- Develop detailed understanding of potential new education product and service markets including market size, customer needs and motivation, competitive product offerings, and competitive dynamics
- Identify and communicate market opportunity and entry strategy for new Everspring product and service offerings
- Bachelor's degree required, preference for majors demonstrating strong analytical and reasoning skills. MBA preferred
- 4-7 years’ experience in an analytical role, experience with research and finance a plus. Management consulting, startup or similar experience is highly valued
- Superior analytical, communication, and influencing skills
- Able to develop deal business cases and deliver market entry insights with limited oversight
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Adept at working in cross functional teams
- Keen attention to detail and the ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
Everspring is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Everspring makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.