Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
The Director of Retail Strategy & Analytics will support the fast paced growth of Home Chef’s retail business via its core product offerings (kits, ready to heat) in Kroger stores, along with growth initiatives for Kroger’s Deli Department. In both capacities, your primary responsibility will be to determine the best path to improve financial metrics. You will report directly to Home Chef’s VP of Retail, working on a high growth P&L that covers several product lines across 2000+ Kroger stores. You will manage a team of strategy & analytics professionals who will partner closely with their execution partners to deliver insights, obtain resources, and direct activities to ensure financial success for both Kroger and Home Chef businesses. This is an exciting opportunity to have a tangible P&L impact on both a high-growth business line and impactful categories at the largest grocery chain in the US, Kroger!
This position requires up to 25% travel.
Insights & Analytics:
- Determine overall KPIs to evaluate performance of retail business; work with retail strategy and finance team to develop & refine consistent set of standardized reporting
- Determine framework & evaluation methodology for evaluating performance of various initiatives; includes test-and-learn approach and distinguishing impact of multiple variables affecting the business at once
- Identify, source, and utilize insights tools (e.g., Nielsen, Stratum) to evaluate performance of deli categories, competitive position, and potential growth levers
Deli Growth Projects:
- Partner with Deli Transformation team to identify and prioritize initiatives to reach category sales goals
- Conduct competitive benchmarking to understand competitor offerings on a category-by-category basis
- Conduct analyses of various tests & initiatives (e.g,. new product offerings, promotional strategies) to understand effectiveness; provide recommendations to deli transformation and Kroger category management teams
Retail Strategy Development:
- Identify and prioritize potential initiatives to grow retail revenue & improve profitability; align with leadership and cross-functional stakeholders on size of prize and execution requirements
- Develop roadmap to execute initiatives, provide support to teams responsible for execution
- Maintain & update plan based on initiative performance
- Develop materials for VP Retail and/or Sr Director NPD to meet with Home Chef’s executive team on roughly a monthly basis to cover strategic plans; join these meetings as required
- Develop materials for retail & product leadership to meet with Kroger deli leadership on a regular basis to discuss strategic planning
- Manage retail budgeting process, capital requests, and other Kroger alignment processes
- Identify priority action items coming out of alignment meetings and execute with strategy team
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Ability to turn complex questions and issues into clear questions, analysis and results
- “Big picture” thinker capable of prioritizing work that makes the highest impact; able to work across a wide range of competing demands and get up to speed quickly on new problems
- 3+ years of experience in a rigorous fast-paced work environment – consulting, finance, data analytics, manufacturing, CPG, etc. Prior consulting or strategy experience preferred.
- Comfortable leading large meetings and bringing cross-functional stakeholders through a significant initiative
- Strong analytics (Excel, Google Sheets) and presentation (PowerPoint, Google Slides) skills
- Previous experience with retail or fresh/perishable products preferred
- Completion of a four-year degree program in a related field: Business, Economics, STEM
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here