eCommerce Analyst, Search Strategy, Zoro
Title: eCommerce Analyst, Search Strategy
Reports to: Sr. Manager of Search Strategy
Location: Chicago, IL or Buffalo Grove, IL
Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers 3 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 400 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $500 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-20, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
This role will report to the Sr. Manager of Search Strategy in support of optimizing Onsite Search Strategy and data driven product relevancy.
This position will work closely with Merchandising Managers and the overall Customer Experience team to improve relevancy logic and the search result experience on Zoro.com. You will be responsible for optimizing the searchable fields and business logic used in order to improve the customer shopping experience within both product category and onsite search results. You will work cross functionally to better understand the buying behavior and needs for the customers in your categories to best work toward building actionable Customer Segments to analyze and improve upon.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is an individual contributor and has no direct reports. Responsibilities may shift or change priority based on evolving project needs, but will include:
- Analyze web KPIs related to the team’s ability to improve the customer experience and movement toward the purchase path and to translate findings into project suggestions for continuous improvement
- Utilize Google Analytics, BigQuery, Looker, ElasticSearch and Informatica (PIM) to export data to support and test decisions for relevancy logic enhancements
- Support the team and its stakeholders by executing, analyzing, and distributing reports related to search habits and outcomes i.e. Weekly Search KPI Reports, Monthly Null Search Reports, Monthly Top Search Trends Reports, Monthly or Quarterly Search Segment Reports
- Work closely with teams that enhance product data to ensure the process is working properly.
- Collaborate with Merchandising, Marketing and UX to devise, document and test new or revised search strategies to support individual category or customer segment needs
- Provide general assistance with project analysis needs, including data quality and reconciliation, QA and UAT testing phases
- Position is an individual contributor and has no direct reports.
- 2+ years experience in online search/merchandising, online analytics, or financial analyst role
- Beginner to Intermediate experience with pulling reports from Google Analytics
- Very comfortable working with data and numbers and with a high attention to detail, with the ability to quickly grasp complex concepts.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial culture and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work closely cross-functionally with Category SME’s, Customer SME’s and Process SME’s
- Comfortable with presenting their work in front of a larger team or company meeting
- Proactive, with a sense of ownership about one’s work, and able to work with limited supervision and deliver spot-on results.
- Flexible and able to work in an environment where initiatives might start/stop/start, or pivot; where priorities could change requiring one to shift gears.
Preferred but not required:
- Experience with onsite search and merchandising for retail companies
- Ability to query using SQL, Python, or R
- Experience with A/B Testing and Business Intelligence tools
We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.