Zoro.com is an eCommerce company that sells business supplies, equipment, and tools—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!). Since 2011, Zoro has been working hard to make it easy for our customers to purchase everything they need to make their businesses go. Zoro currently offers over 6 million products, fast and free shipping, no-hassle returns, and exceptional customer service. We’ve grown quickly in a short time, recently surpassing 450 team members and reaching annual revenue of over $700 million. Add to that our award-winning culture—we were named a Great Place to Work for 2019-21, among other accolades—and we think Zoro is a pretty amazing place to work and grow.
Zoro is seeking an eCommerce Search Analyst who will be responsible for analyzing patterns, enhancing content, and identifying and executing on opportunities to improve our search and recommendations relevancy. Zoro is an eCommerce website with over 6M SKUs (and growing) from diverse partners. This role supports the Search & Recommendations team and will closely collaborate with cross-departmental teams to strengthen our customer navigational experience.
This position will work closely with UX, Agile Development teams, Marketing and Merchandising Managers to improve search relevancy logic in relation to a) product category, b) search method, c) brand / supplier partner and d) customer segmentation.
- Act as subject matter expert of search tool sets and be able to execute solutions and troubleshoot problems related to search results.
- Analyze web KPIs related to the team’s ability to improve the customer experience and movement toward the purchase path and translate findings into project suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Monitor Search Performance for a set of categories, brands, and suppliers. Define and execute initiatives to improve search performance for those categories over time in collaboration with Merchandising Managers.
- Collaborate with Merchandising, Marketing and UX to devise, document and test new or revised search strategies to support individual category or customer segment needs, and then adjust as needed based on user feedback.
- Partner with Merchandising & Merchandising Enrichment teams to enhance searchable content at scale in order to deliver increasing conversion and search revenue per session.
- Monitor Null Search Results for trends and opportunities. Suggest changes to help reduce null results or improve the null search experience.
- Understand the business needs and define search-related business requirements and acceptance criteria for Search. Perform User Acceptance Testing on the resulting output and communicate findings with the business and technical partners.
- Communicate project plans and outcomes with the Digital Merchandising team regularly.
- Provide general assistance with project analysis needs, including data quality and reconciliation, QA and UAT testing phases.
- Utilize Google Analytics, SQL, BigQuery and Excel to support and test decisions for relevancy logic enhancements or content enhancements related to search relevancy.
- Proactively investigate traffic, conversion, and performance trends using web analytics data or other methods such as ContentSquare, ClickTale, Qualtrix, etc.
- 2+ year experience in an online search, digital merchandising, online analytics, optimization, taxonomy or business analyst role.
- Experience and excitement to work with with large data sets and tackle complex data manipulation with a formulaic approach.
- Attention to detail, with a methodical approach to work.
- Self-starter who is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial culture and fast-paced environment.
- Actively seeks clarity throughout all levels of the organization and can effectively communicate cross-functionally regarding alignment to business goals.
- Team player who is collaborative and consistently demonstrates curiosity by asking questions, listening and engaging with others.
- Proactively seeks feedback, accepts areas of opportunity and excellence and applies feedback to grow. Constructively gives upward, cross-functional and peer feedback.
- Experience using SQL or BigQuery.
- Ability to translate business needs into analytical frameworks.
Zoro Values and Inclusive Culture: We share a commitment to our Zoro values – Win & Lose Together (We prefer winning!), Take Ownership, We Are Transparent, and Aspire to be Customer-Obsessed. Everything we do at Zoro is centered around delighting our customers. It's a natural extension of our company culture and how we care for each other. We believe when we act in ways that are consistent with these values, we can solve any technical challenge that lies ahead of us. As a Zoro employee, you can expect to work with smart, energetic people, learn something every day, and be valued for your perspective.
Zoro is dedicated to foster an environment where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are represented, and all team members can be confident that their experiences and perspectives are valued. Zoro aims to empower all employees to learn about, raise awareness, and promote diversity and inclusion through all of our workplace interactions.
Zoro is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.