Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
We are looking for passionate people managers to coach our next generation of leaders for our Product Engineering organization at large. We care deeply about fostering an environment that promotes learning and development, and you’ll play an instrumental role in implementing different tactics, strategies, and practices to grow our engineers as professionals and provide them with the right challenges to keep them engaged and motivated. As a company that values feedback, we are looking for people who excel at both giving and receiving feedback in a way that encourages dialogue and inspires teams to succeed.
To complement your people skills, you’re also confident in your knowledge and understanding of the software development lifecycle. We believe in a team-oriented approach that encourages managers to be actively involved in the engineering process: effectively leading technical discussions, facilitating technical decision-making and translating business problems into plans that we can act on and deliver results.
Within our Data Engineering practice, we are looking for an Engineering Manager who can grow and scale our Data Engineering systems. You will work closely with our analytics team to enable data access powering our product, marketing and finance objectives. You will mentor and lead Data Engineers to develop and deploy data pipelines, while growing an organization to solve complex business problems. We are looking for a leader to continue to evolve our data architecture built on Airflow and Redshift. Our data volume is doubling every year and this role will be responsible for evolving the architecture to meet business needs.
- Evolve the capacity of the team by taking an active role in attracting, mentoring, supporting and retaining a team of top-notch engineers
- Manage the performance and career growth of team members.
- Drive technical and strategic vision of the team and help translate day-to-day issues into coherent and robust systems
- Work closely with analytics to plan and prioritize the data roadmap and manage the workstream and assigned tasks of the team by setting clear expectations and providing constructive feedback.
- Ensure that Reverb standard engineering practices are followed and help define practices where there may be a gap.
- Champion communication and trust between teams, peers, product and across the organization.
- Foster a culture centered around delivery with a focus on quality.
- Familiarity with ETL scheduling technologies such as Airflow and experience building production grade data pipelines.
- Great people leader with a history of building a strong engineering team via hiring, developing, and motivating talent.
- Enthusiastic about Reverb and the products we are building with the ability to instill that excitement in others.
- Ability to breakdown ambiguous problems and communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven track record of motivating teams towards delivering business results in a fast-paced, metrics-driven, agile environment.
What you'll get
To complement our competitive compensation and equity plans, we offer:
- No-bureaucracy environment where ownership and initiative are valued.
- Health insurance and a healthy work environment.
- 401k with company match.
- Paid parental leave.
- Flexible vacation and sick days.
- Volunteer Time Off hours.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
- Bi-monthly lunches.
This is a local position in Chicago, please no remote workers or recruiters.