Enterprise Analytics, Sr. Manager at Peapod Digital Labs (Chicago, IL)
What’s Our Dish
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs (PDL) is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that powers the eCommerce and digital strategies for the Great Local Brands of Ahold Delhaize USA. Accelerating growth in digital and personalization capabilities, PDL is an innovation lab focused on meeting the changing needs of customers, regardless of when, where, and how consumers choose to shop.
Browse The Aisles
Lead a team focused on delivering business insights using advanced analytical expertise/techniques/tools that materially improve critical decisions by senior management and drive the business mission/strategy forward. This position provides effective leadership and hands-on, practical executional guidance to a specialized analytical team. While most project focus on marketing, merchandising or shopper analytics, projects range across the org (HR, Supply Chain, Real Estate, etc.)
Recipe for Success - What's “in store” for the role
- Provide experience and expertise in how to intersect consulting skills, data, and predictive analytics to drive and improve Brand Ecommerce, Marketing, Loyalty and Personalization business results. Partner and consult with ADUSA leadership in the brands, functional teams, and key contacts across the different banners and departments to identify predictive analytics opportunities and subsequently provide compelling insights as to how they can be leveraged to answer critical business questions and to support customer loyalty growth.
- Scope and direct predictive analytics projects to ensure that the deliverables are designed to answer valuable Brand Marketing and Ecommerce questions, and that timelines and scope are adhered to. Create and deliver impactful presentations to senior leaders that crystalize analytics into clear and actionable insights. Drive a culture of data driven decision making that will institutionalize the use of consumer-driven analytics.
- Work with stakeholders to develop plans to implement insights into relevant tools as appropriate
- Champion, manage and develop key marketing insights across all marketing programs, and work with key stakeholders to devise and execute test/learn agendas and other optimization programs for continuous improvement.
- Act as a key leader within Data & Analytics to develop the full power and expertise of our teams to provide outstanding services to the Brands to enable their ongoing strategy and personalization capabilities. This requires excellent analytical and relationship building skills to meet the demands of the brand marketing leadership.
- Knowledge of the Brand’s market and customers and understanding the Loyalty and CRM objectives in terms of Business, Brand and Customer Objectives.
- Understand Brand’s customer segmentation and prioritization along with key attributes for communication.
- Offer knowledge sharing for continued refinement and optimization of strategy to achieve objectives.
- Strengthening Data & Analytics’ relationship with the Brand becoming a vital analytic resource by asking the right questions, providing actionable insights and engaging with a visible and influential presence.
- Work in an integrated fashion with Brand marketing insight and marketing professionals to make recommendations based on analyses and experience.
- Develop, train and groom team; including Analysts and Sr. Analysts
- Support managers and members of predictive analytics in delivering quality outputs, ensuring outputs are logical and actionable.
- Present results in one on one and large meetings; ensuring customer centric thinking and direct relationship with business, loyalty and marketing understanding.
- Ensure recommendations are grounded in Brand business needs and expectations.
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
- 8+ years of predictive analytic experience in retail, consulting or agency related client-based discipline
- Direct retail analytics experience required; grocery-specific experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics or related fields; Graduate degree in statistics, economics, econometrics or related disciplines is preferred
Extra Spices - What you should bring to the table
- Strong functional understanding of contemporary marketing, loyalty and digital analytics
- An innovative vision on how the practice should evolve to keep pace with the ever changing business needs
- A passion for effective data visualization to tell effective stories via data visuals
- Understanding today’s digital customer and how business should adapt accordingly
- Cross-functional leadership experience, specifically collaborations with IT
- Success in the roll-out of new analytic capabilities including software and data
- Advanced mathematic and analytical skills
- Experience with data and statistical modeling software (SQL, R, SAS, SPSS, Python)
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills – demonstrated ability to mine data for relevant and actionable insights
- Impeccable organizational skills, project management and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to communicate/translate complex concepts to non-technical audience
- Ability to work in a dynamic work environment with shifting priorities
- Ability to inspire and manage a team of analysts to continuously grow knowledge and skills
Join Us at Our Table
Peapod Digital Labs is a forward-thinking company with a strong legacy of innovation. We recognize who powers our progress – our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees, including: great health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, and generous and flexible paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to sex, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, religion, age, marital status (including civil unions), military service, veteran status, pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, legally recognized disability, domestic violence victim status or any other characteristic protected by law.