Equipment Supply Chain Analyst at McDonald's Technology
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries and billions of customers served each year. As the global leader in the food service industry, we have a legacy of innovation and hard work that continues to drive us. Today, we are growing with velocity and are focused on modernizing our experiences, not to make a different McDonald’s, but to build a better McDonald’s.
We are moving fast and are adding to our best-in-class team. Joining McDonald's means thinking big every day and preparing for a career that can have impact around the world. We are customer obsessed, committed to being leaders, and believe we are better when we work together. Over the last couple years, we’ve launched home delivery, modernized our restaurant experience through digital enhancements and have so much more to come.
We are dedicated to using our scale for good: good for people, our industry and the planet. From ambitious recycling initiatives and balanced sourcing efforts to our partnership with Ronald McDonald House Charities, we are constantly improving. We see every single day as a chance to have a genuine impact on our customers, our people and our partners.
Our new, state-of-the-art headquarters is located in the booming West Loop area in the heart of downtown Chicago. It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates innovation. Take a class at Hamburger University, sample future menu items in our Test Kitchen, and utilize the latest technology to communicate with your team around the globe! Our office helps us connect with each other like never before. Participate in monthly organized events, enjoy massive outdoor spaces, an 8000 square foot gym, and an onsite McDonald's serving international favorites.Job Description
This position will reside within Global Strategic Sourcing Services (GSSS) in the Global Equipment Supply Chain Team. The GSSS-Equipment Supply Chain Analyst will be responsible for supporting the global equipment supply chain managers in the end-to-end category management of core equipment for the globe, as well as partnering with internal stakeholders in negotiating pricing and contracts, calculating and reporting savings, executing supplier management, procurement best practices and issue resolution. This individual will have an ongoing focus on improving the quality of products, services and performance of the equipment suppliers. The GSSS-Equipment Supply Chain Analyst will report to a GSSS Manager, and will work closely with global partners in GSSS Engineering, Global Menu Management, RSG-Operations, Global Strategic Sourcing Food (GSSF), Global Supply Chain and Sustainability-Safety and Compliance and globally approved Suppliers.
- Supporting the GSSS-Equipment Supply Chain Managers with their assigned equipment categories and suppliers through the following:
- Completing necessary tasks to gather key supplier data (i.e. volumes, costs, product and service performance statistics, financial information, etc.)
- Identifying supplier risks and formulating suggested mitigation strategies
- Reviewing and approving vendor performance standards and measurements
- Providing input into annual category management strategies
- Facilitating critical issues on behalf of vendors and partners
- Execution support of category strategy
- Assisting in supplier account, contract, and pricing approvals through information gathering and due diligence
- Gatekeeper for communications to our global market managers, suppliers and partners
- Ownership of strategy and ongoing support of document retention including SharePoint and Equipment Information System (EIS) tools
- Ownership of savings/value reporting processes and procedures for the GSSS Equipment team, including developing improvement roadmap and presenting results to leadership
- Commodity lead for several key commodities affecting our equipment and responsible for providing regular updates to the broader team on trends and risks within assigned commodities
- Gatekeeper for equipment process documents
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance or equivalent field experience is required.
- 1+ years experience in supply chain or commensurate experience in related functions
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical abilities with working knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Effective communication skills via written and oral methods.
- Strong project management skills and experience.
- Think critically in order to structure analyses and processes to solve poorly defined problems
- Build positive working relationships both internally and externally to provide McDonald’s with goods and services at the lowest Total Cost of Ownership and lowest risk
- Able to problem solve and search for answers using internal and external network/sources
- Organized and able to effectively manage a number of responsibilities/projects at once
- Able to develop and sustain relationships internally and externally with partners and suppliers, as well as being able to manage up, down and laterally in the organization
- Capable of working effectively in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to self-start, determining work steps based upon management direction
- Able to align own activities with group’s goals and strategies
- Possess natural curiosity, asking questions when necessary to understand a problem
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.