Equity Research Analyst at Morningstar
Write in-depth and concise company notes based on earnings and news flow, including the qualitative and quantitative analyses of the coverage’s Economic Moats (competitive advantages) (20%). Build discounted cash flow models to estimate fair value estimates (for approximately 20 individual Healthcare stocks) (15%). Regularly publish and update reports and cash flow models that focus on the key drivers of individual Healthcare companies (15%). Proactively surface attractive investment ideas internally and externally to support all products and clients (10%). Publish comprehensive research pieces that exemplify our reputation for thought leadership, our ability to assess outcomes for debatable investor topics, and provide the timely analysis our clients need to make better investing decisions (10%). Analyze publicly available information, earnings reports, and internally generated data to create an investment thesis for approximately 20 individual stocks (10%). Gather and interpret industry data to develop a long-term industry vision (10%). Analyze implications of fundamental industry developments for coverage list of stocks (5%). Develop relationships with coverage companies and industry participants by attending company events and industry conferences to enhance research and build brand (5%). Domestic travel (less than 5%).
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or related quantitative field.
- 2 years of industry related experience.
- Experience with financial modeling using discounted cash flow modeling techniques.
- Experience in sell- or buy-side equity research or investment banking.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience (e.g. pivot tables, lookup functions, statistical functions, chart creation and formatting, arrays, nested formulas, and various add-ins).
- CFA or in pursuit of the charter.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.