ESG Data Leader at Morningstar
Serve as the subject matter expert on and thought leader in ESG data internally and externally, including in-depth knowledge of reporting practices and fund processes. Be the voice of Morningstar Data on industry and regulatory matters in the field of Sustainability. Define and own the ESG data roadmap, including the creation or onboarding of new datasets and the maintenance and continual improvement of existing data. Engage with industry bodies and clients to proactively promote, research, and recommend ESG data-related enhancements and improvements. Own ESG data-related research support and client service, and adequately train the relevant stakeholder teams. Maintain an ESG methodology knowledge base. Oversee the continued quality and improvement of end-to-end ESG data and processes, such as integration of third party data inputs and the final outputs and displays in products. Work with local Data Consultants and relevant regional teams to balance global standards with regional needs. Provide a vital junction between Research, Data, Solutions, and Product teams to ensure successful implementation of complex projects. Foster a team dynamic that is motivated to improve the customer experience. Flexibility working with offshore development teams during off hours will be needed.
· This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a field with a strong emphasis on communication skills and 5 years of relevant experience.
· 4 years of experience with advanced analytical and communication skills, including ability to translate complex concepts into simple explanations and also broad methodologies into technical specifications.
· Experience with the mutual funds industry and related financial concepts.
· Experience with sustainable investing concepts and metrics on local and global markets.
· Experience with data technology including Access, XLS, and SQL.
· Experience utilizing process improvement tools, including LEAN and Six Sigma.
· Experience with project management tools, such as Agile or Waterfall.
· Experience collaborating with a variety of stakeholder teams and outside vendors.