Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
As an ETL Developer, the candidate will have the opportunity to lead and collaborate efforts in developing data driven solutions with current and next generation technologies to meet evolving business needs. In addition, they will provide technical leadership to the Data Services team on key corporate initiatives that will interface with Discover applications.
This individual will provide technical expertise, maintenance, and support for the systems used to support our business partners as well as knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts, SQL, and experience with, or a willingness to learn ETL tools (Ab Initio) are a must. Hands on experience with AWS/Cloud technologies and/or Java are a plus as we evolve our technological needs into the future technological landscape.
- Develop data driven application systems that comply with the standard system development methodology and concepts for design, programming, backup, and recovery to deliver solutions that have superior performance and integrity
- Contribute to determining programming approaches, tools, and techniques that best meet the customers’ requirements and needs
- Create data warehouse designs and definitions to support business operations and analytics using on premise and cloud based database technology solutions
- Develop Greenfield capabilities leveraging next-gen technologies
- Understand and follow the PDP process to develop, deploy and deliver the solutions in an agile environment
- Quickly prototype solutions by integrating various components
- Be pro-active and diligent in identifying and communicating design and development issues
- Provide business analysis and develop ETL code and / or scripting to meets all technical specifications and business requirements according to the established designs
- Offer system support as part of a support rotation with other team members
- Work independently using good judgment and decision making skills obtained through experience in business technology
- 3+ years of systems development and analysis experience in designing, developing, implementing & maintaining applications
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse technology (Unix/Teradata/Ab Initio preferred)
- Next generation knowledge a plus including tools such as Python, SPARK, Hive, R, Java
Hands on experience with AWS or other cloud technologies
- Strong analytical skills and experience with writing and tuning complex SQL queries
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think independently and work with various teams on projects
- Ability to handle multiple initiatives concurrently
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher level of education or equivalent experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.