Reporting to the Vice President, Strategy and Corporate Development, the Executive Director, Strategy will work with GHX's leadership team to review and refine the business strategy for GHX. This includes supporting analysis of potential opportunities to expand our business both organically and inorganically. This individual will proactively pursue data and information in support of the evaluation of these opportunities. Across all responsibilities, this individual will bring both analytical rigor and business insight to critical business challenges and decisions involved in implementing the company's strategy.The Executive Director will engage directly with key internal stakeholders as well as external parties to succeed at the following core mandates, among others: assessing and developing plans for business expansion opportunities in support of the core strategy; assessing, monitoring and understanding market trends and implications to the company; developing competitor assessments and competitive strategies; informing analysis of prospective acquisition targets as well as supporting other M&A activities, including due diligence and integration.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work effectively with senior management and supply the analytical rigor and business insight needed to help develop, update and execute business strategy.
- Lead research and analysis to evaluate acquisition opportunities and developing projects.
- Oversee the building of business cases and recommendations on key strategic decisions.
- Research and analyze emerging industry trends and competitive dynamics; develop tactical responses; and assess and facilitate internal business performance improvement.
- Collaborate effectively with business unit leadership, finance leadership, and GHX senior management in helping to align business planning with corporate strategic direction.
- Structure complex business problems into frameworks that can be analyzed and solved.
- Lead engagement with external resources to inform analysis and decision making.
- Monitor industry activities and help develop recommendations for senior management.
- Assist senior management in prioritizing strategic opportunities.
- Perform quantitative analysis, including building and organizing large datasets.
- Synthesize findings and summarize a broad range of data inputs into frameworks that enable clear communication of data and insights.
- Coach team members through structured problem solving and analysis.
- Communicate findings to senior leadership stakeholders in an insightful and persuasive manner.
- 10+ years of strategy and operations experience, including 2+ years of management consulting experience at a top tier firm and 4+ years of operating
- MBA or comparable advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated track record of developing and driving corporate strategy with a cross-functional and process-driven approach
- Prior experience in the healthcare industry
- Strong analytical approach; structured thinker
- Deep quantitative analysis skills with demonstrated ability to translate analysis into business insights
- Excellent research skills, with experience in market and company analysis
- Ability and comfort making decisions and recommendations with limited information
- Team player with experience working both in teams and as an individual contributor
- Successful track record managing several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Great business instincts and a results orientation with a high sense of urgency
- Excellent interpersonal skills in order to drive cross-functional understanding and cooperation across the business
This position is located in our Chicago, IL .Estimated Salary range for this position: $185,955 - $217,350
The base salary range represents the anticipated low and high end of the GHX's salary range for this position. Actual salaries will vary and will be based on various factors, such as candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and proficiency for the role. The base salary is one component of GHX's total compensation package for employees. Other rewards and benefits include: health, vision, and dental insurance, accident and life insurance, 401k matching, paid-time off, and education reimbursement, to name a few. To view more details of our benefits, visit us here: https://www.ghx.com/about/careers/GHX: It's the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe - who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce - not shift - the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.Disclaimer
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, "GHX") provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement. GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX's employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.