Fixed Income Business Analyst
The Group: The Morningstar Fixed Income team provides expertise in bonds and derivatives - the data, the analytics, the use cases for target clients. It defines the fixed income capability roadmap, works with Data Operations and Data Technology organizations in sourcing and integrating value-added data, and coordinates across product squads to build new and enhance fixed income functionality. Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets and portfolios. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors’ interests is the foundation of our company.
The Role: We are looking for a highly motivated individual with strong analytical skills and an eye for detail who possesses strong expertise in fixed income, data collection and research, with an ability to define detailed business requirements. The role provides an opportunity to work on projects that will help us design new calculations, models, methodologies and product tools/visualizations to improve transparency into fixed income investments. This role will work closely with Product Owners, QA, Engineers, Scrum Masters, and internal clients across multiple development squads. This role needs to do sufficient research and then define requirements in detail, so development teams can implement clear, concise and actionable solutions.
To be successful, you will need to be extremely organized, be a motivated self-starter and have good communication and facilitation skills. You should be able to collaborate, partner and help increased utilization of best practices, and support and advocate for the needs of market-relevant strategies. This role will be based in our Chicago office.
- Supports and provides advice to internal teams (product development squads) to deliver and integrate Morningstar fixed income capabilities into Morningstar software and products, third-party platforms, and possibly proprietary client systems.
- Communicate with product manager to understand and clarify business requirements.
- Convert business requirements into actionable solutions thru sufficient analysis such as data mapping/mining/locating across databases
- Do data mining/locating, methodology review and specification creation according to requirements, and explain details to project team.
- Provide guidance to technical team on data structures and system features.
- Ensure technical solutions is developed according to business requirements.
- Collaborate with Product Manager, Tech Leader, Developer, and QA to deliver project in accordance with requirements, such as test account creation, calculation verification, etc.
- 3-5 years of business analysis or data analysis.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in finance, business, computer science or relevant subjects.
- Self-motivated, excellent work ethic, strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent fixed income data knowledge; investment and analytical skills together with the ability to prioritize projects and tasks.
- Experience working with databases and SQL is essential
- Understanding of both business and technical requirements, and the ability to serve as a conduit between product and technology staff.
- Superb technical writing and editing skills, planning, and analytical skills.
- CFA chart holder or CFA candidate will be preferable.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity