Home Chef is building new ways to provide meal solutions that meet a wide variety of customer needs, and shipping locations both online and in store. Our team is a unique mix of creators, chefs, entrepreneurs, and trailblazers and we’re growing quickly. Our customer-first mentality, combined with a zest for supporting our peers, helped us bring home Built in Chicago’s Startup of the Year Moxie award in 2017. If you’re ready to be part of the action, we’re ready to connect with you. There are no limits to where we can go together.
As the COVID-19 situation continues to escalate in the US and around the world, we are committed to keeping our teams and their families as our greatest priority. To that end, we are making some adjustments to the way we will be doing business in the upcoming weeks.
We are taking all the necessary precautions to keep our employees and customers safe, and would love to have you on our team as we can continue to serve our communities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Supply Chain Analyst is a key member of the Supply Chain team, assisting in the team’s tactical and strategic direction. The role’s primary responsibilities are focused on the management and creation of ordering tools, analysis of weekly ordering performance, and development of initiatives to drive improvement in procurement KPI's. The analyst must be comfortable with being in high demand and handling numerous tasks or initiatives simultaneously. She/he must be able to lead projects with minimal supervision while also playing a support role when needed. We rely on the analyst to be analytical and detail-oriented, yet have a sense of vision and possibilities for this role.
- Analyze Supply Chain Metrics and Develop Initiatives to Drive Improvement
- Enable data-driven decision making by reporting on core KPIs and performing ad-hoc analyses
- Examples of past projects include: analyzing produce market trends to inform expected pricing for culinary team; publishing weekly Supply Chain performance KPIs
- Develop Tools and Dashboards to Facilitate Supply Chain Processes
- Find innovative ways to make data actionable for our buying and supply chain teams - build processes to better collect, store, and visualize data in a meaningful and impactful way
- Examples of past projects include: developing a scorecard to track supplier OTIF; creating a tool to track weekly pricing variance
- Manage and Improve Current Ordering Tools and Processes
- Partner with our buying teams and supply chain team to develop, manage, and continually improve tools
- Understand challenges with current tools and processes and drive forward improvement
- Examples of past projects include: reducing number of PO pricing discrepancies; managing weekly creation of ordering tool, building vendor forecasting tool
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or other characteristics needed for this role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Entrepreneurial mindset:
- Energetic and able to lead change, create vision, and inspire people to achieve goals in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solver:
- Identify issues quickly and bring recommended solutions backed by logic to the discussion
- Interpersonal savvy:
- Develop rapport across the organization in order to build consensus for implementing new processes and tools
- Results oriented:
- Deal with ambiguity and make timely decisions to get to impact quickly
- Attention to detail:
- Organizational skills and ability to manage details of complex systems and operational processes
- Embody the Home Chef core values of customer first, pursuing excellence, taking ownership, and building a best-in-class team
- 1-2 years work experience in supply chain, engineering, operations, management consulting, or data analysis role; top-ranked candidates strongly preferred
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment.
- Travel to our production facilities in Chicago, Atlanta, and Los Angeles may be required as part of this position (up to ~15%) when we open up.
- Completion of 4-year degree.
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – benefits start the 1st day of the month following your start date
- Company paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability
- 401k Employer match - 50% on the $1, up to 6% of the employee's earnings
- We offer flexible spending accounts (FSA) for qualified Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, or Transit expenses
- Flexible paid time off (PTO) policy, plus sick days
- Generous Parental Leave
- Great Work/Life Balance – We value and support each individual team member
- Quarterly company-wide “Town Hall” meetings
- Ongoing professional development opportunities by level and function
- Your choice of Windows or Mac laptop, plus an extra screen
- Onsite gym
- Weekly Fooda credit
- Newly renovated office in the historic Old Main Post Office which is located close to multiple Metra and CTA options
- Employee discounts through Perkspot
- Discounts on Home Chef meal kits and at Kroger stores
- Casual dress in a fun, friendly and collaborative work environment
Candidates can experience Home Chef as a customer - enter promo code PEOPLE30 for $30 off your first order!
Home Chef is an equal opportunity employer.
To view the California Applicant Notice click here