Who we are
M1 Finance has created a personal wealth-building platform made for the modern era, uniting personal perspective and automated ease. We seamlessly combine free investing, low cost borrowing and digital checking all in one intuitive, automated Finance Super App, and we’re driven by a mission to empower personal financial well-being. We believe that financial well-being is fundamental to overall well-being, and we strive to deliver products that are simpler, smarter, and stronger than those created by our staid, boring, entrenched, slow-moving competitors in the personal finance industry.
Our clients have already trusted us with over $2 billion of assets, we’re currently helping more than 500,000 people grow and manage their wealth with our industry leading automation and tools, and we’re adding thousands of new clients every day.
We’re looking for passionate people who want to improve and build on what we’ve created and take responsibility to help others build something meaningful and sustainable for their futures.
We mean it when we say. “M1 is yours to build.”
If this sounds interesting to you, we’d love to have you read on.
What we’re looking for
Like all Financial Institutions, fraud is something that M1 encounters regularly and is a high priority for the organization. As an M1 Fraud Analyst, you will become an expert in how fraud is mitigated and controlled within our banking and brokerage products. Your deep understanding will allow you to create new processes which includes evaluating and implement new technology to help prevent fraud. You may be asked to conduct ad hoc analysis to evaluate existing processes and recommend new strategies. You will also be responsible for identifying fraudulent actors, identifying and implement gaps in our fraud protection plan.
We are looking for someone who can build our fraud program from a clean slate. You’ll play a major role in our operations, as well as help the organization scale our processes as we grow. This is a highly visible role, so there will be opportunity to grow, work directly with leadership, and use your subject matter expertise to implement a fraud program that will bring M1 into the next level of personal finance.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze fraudulent account behavior, transactions, and trends to determine root cause of losses
- Provide detailed reporting to the leadership team identifying your findings and recommendations
- Work with cross-functional teams across the company to identify gaps and develop and implement strategies to overcome challenges
- Interface with clients in order to better understand, assess, and prohibit fraudulent activities
- Work with the customer support and operations teams to define efficient processes and systems to resolve issues quickly
- +2 years in a banking or brokerage fraud role or experience in analytics or related field
- Experience in working with relational databases – SQL, preferred
- Ability to execute on programs and projects with minimal resources
- Ability to provide a high-level of detail and summarize when necessary
- Ability to be extremely focused on data and analytics to solve problems and have a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work individually and within a team
Our team embodies our eight core principles and if these principles speak to you – we’d love to talk with you.
- Mission Driven: We will passionately apply ourselves to deliver immense value to our customers, knowing if they succeed, so too will the company
- Extreme Ownership: We think and act like owners. Our focus is building long-term value, not scoring short-term marks. We own everything in our domain, including the outcome and everything that affects it
- Boldness: We want to do things of consequence. Make a difference. We would rather fail at something meaningful than succeed at something trivial
- Bias for action: The best way to make progress is to act
- Economical: Efficiency is important, and we consider both the costs and benefits to our actions
- Team oriented: In working together, we maintain low ego, make everyone feel welcome, assume good intent, trust one another, and seek out different perspectives. We empower our teammates to be at their best.
- Challenged, but not overwhelmed: We are curious people who always want to grow. Growth happens outside our comfort zone. We achieve our potential through consistent, manageable growth
- Integrity: We do the right thing. When we make mistakes, we own and correct them. We would be proud if our actions are shared with our family, friends, and strangers. Everyone can count on us to act according tour values, beliefs, and principles we state we hold. This trust must never be broken.
- Unlimited PTO
- Comprehensive health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- Stock options for all employees
- Retirement benefit with employer match
- $500 to spend on home office equipment while working from home
- Stylish M1 swag
- Socially distant team outings, celebrations, and events
- Transparent and open communication
- Office in the Loop with a Game Room and Gym