Like all Financial Institutions, fraud is something that M1 encounters regularly and is a high priority for the organization. As an M1 Fraud Analyst, you will become an expert in how fraud is mitigated and controlled within our banking and brokerage products. Your deep understanding will allow you to create new processes which includes evaluating and implement new technology to help prevent fraud. You may be asked to conduct ad hoc analysis to evaluate existing processes and recommend new strategies. You will also be responsible for identifying fraudulent actors, identifying and implement gaps in our fraud protection plan.
We are looking for someone who can build our fraud program from a clean slate. You’ll play a major role in our operations, as well as help the organization scale our processes as we grow. This is a highly visible role, so there will be opportunity to grow, work directly with leadership, and use your subject matter expertise to implement a fraud program that will bring M1 into the next level of personal finance.
What you’ll do:
- Analyze fraudulent account behavior, transactions, and trends to determine root cause of losses
- Provide detailed reporting to the leadership team identifying your findings and recommendations
- Work with cross-functional teams across the company to identify gaps and develop and implement strategies to overcome challenges
- Interface with clients in order to better understand, assess, and prohibit fraudulent activities
- Work with the customer support and operations teams to define efficient processes and systems to resolve issues quickly
- +2 years in a banking or brokerage fraud role or experience in analytics or related field
- Experience in working with relational databases – SQL, preferred
- Ability to execute on programs and projects with minimal resources
- Ability to provide a high-level of detail and summarize when necessary
- Ability to be extremely focused on data and analytics to solve problems and have a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work individually and within a team