Fulfillment Operations Lead - Groupon Goods
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you're ready to be part of Groupon.
Groupon Goods, the retail arm of our business, is a daily one-stop shop for brand-name essentials and unexpected, one-of-a-kind finds. For our merchants, this means massive exposure, smart promotion, and reliable fulfillment. For our customers, this means great deals on a variety of products ranging from electronics to clothing, home goods to beauty.
Working in Goods, you will join a retail-savvy team whose goal is to procure and provide customers with the products they want, when they want them. As the Fulfillment Operations lead, you are responsible for all metrics, continuous improvement efforts, and projects within the Inbound department across all Fulfillment Centers. Your primary focus is to hold our warehouses accountable to Inbound receipt goals by providing feedback to warehouse leaders. You will also be working in partnership with the Compliance team to identify and rectify product and shipment issues based on established guidelines. Also critical to the success of this role will be building strong relationships, communicating effectively, solving complex problems, using data to support opinions/hypotheses, and working in a fast paced and oftentimes ambiguous environment.
- Closely monitor inbound receipts to prevent delayed PO receipts; identify root cause for late receipts and facilitate solutions
- Extract data from proprietary databases, build sustainable reporting solutions, and complete data requests using SQL, Excel and other systems
- Work collaboratively with associates both within the Chicago corporate office and at the fulfillment centers to provide situational direction and develop solutions for product, shipment, and process failures
- Lead internal and external warehouse partners through process improvement efforts such as increasing SLA performance, decreasing the frequency of Non Compliant deliveries, improving cycle time, etc.
- Lead and support cross-functional projects that have a positive return on investment for the Groupon Goods business
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years in a professional business setting; logistics/supply chain, fulfillment/distribution preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office software (specifically Excel)
- SQL experience is preferred (writing and running queries)
- Tableau experience preferred
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to appropriately prioritize between day-to-day operational responsibilities and longer term projects and goals
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to establish relationships & contribute in a team setting
Groupon provides a global marketplace where people can buy just about anything, anywhere, anytime. We’re enabling real-time commerce across an expanding range of categories including local businesses, travel destinations, consumer products, and live or lively events. At the same time, we are providing advertising options and tools that merchants can use to grow and manage their businesses. Culturally, we believe that great people make great companies and that starting with the customer and working backward moves us forward. Community matters to us on an internal, local and global scale—it’s fundamental to our company’s growth and to the well-being of the world at large. We also value self-awareness, candor, lunch and WiFi. If we match with you, please apply to join us.