Graduate Data Scientist at Quantium
Since 2002, Quantium have combined the best of human and artificial intelligence to power possibilities for individuals, organisations and society. Whether it be building forecasting engines that are driving down food wastage or creating tools to support campaigns that combat human trafficking, Quantium believes in better goods, services, experiences, and championing the benefits of data science and AI for a brighter future.
Are you motivated by interesting work, solving complex problems with the ability to make a real impact through your work all whilst learning from the brightest minds? Well look no further, this is the role for you.
By leveraging Quantium’s world-class capability built over 16 years in Australia, our Quantium U.S. team is growing rapidly – and with growth comes opportunity. Our data scientists have already embedded innovative decision engines into the supply chain system of the world’s largest retailer, and we are busy deploying our unique, cutting-edge products with major banks, optimising marketing, credit risk and customer behaviour analysis. This is only the beginning of our expansion into the U.S. markets and our team is growing to meet the needs of our valued clients.
We are seeking a Graduate Data Scientist who has a genuine desire to kick start their career in data science with an industry leading company. You will be building your technical and consulting capability whilst delivering relevant solutions to our clients that have a positive impact on society.
- Providing end-to-end data science support on projects, from foundational data mining, analytical manipulation and presentation of results. This may include:
- Writing code for data exploration, cleansing, manipulation and analysis
- Developing clear presentation of insights via spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, self-service analytical visualisation tools and face-to-face client meetings
- Provide feedback to ensure continuous improvement with the team
- Intensive learning and acquisition of key analytical, technical and commercial skills and Quantium business knowledge to become a proficient Analyst working under minimal supervision
- Actively participating in learning forums and sharing knowledge with the wider team
Our data scientists and consultants are committed to making a positive impact on our clients each day, as such, you will be required to travel for up to 80% of your time to work onsite at client offices.
- A degree in a quantitative discipline e.g. actuarial studies, mathematics / statistics, engineering, computer science etc
- Basic Microsoft Office skills desirable
- Ability to follow a procedure
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- A natural flair for problem solving
- Easily adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Innovative / outside the box thinking
What else can I look forward to?
Join our team of intelligent and fun people in an environment where colleagues quickly become friends. You might find our team working hard trying to solve tough, technical problems for our clients or winding down with a drink in hand in our coworking home offices. We believe there is more to a successful career than just hard work and recognise the need to balance personal commitments with work.
What are you waiting for? We look forward to hearing from you soon!