Head of Data (Chicago, IL)
Double Good creates joy through our product based fundraising platform. Our solution helps organizations raise funds fast. We deliver made-to-order delicious popcorn direct to supporters through an ecommerce platform. We’re 220 employees strong and growing.
You will be building the data function at Double Good. We are at the stage in our growth where we need a cohesive strategy and strong execution related to Data and its use in decision making. Your team will function at the intersection of Product, Finance, Engineering, Operations, IT, Marketing and People. Our B2B2C unique fundraising platform provides many sources of information and opportunities for growth. Our JIT (just-in-time) approach to product production also provides many opportunities where data is critical to effective operations and the overall customer journey.
This role will be hybrid based out of our downtown Chicago office.
About the role:
- Build a data strategy and business roadmap to drive the scope and effectiveness of the data and analysis functions with a focus on accelerating Double Good’s growth, operational excellence, and ability to spread joy and foster community
- Grow relationships and collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders - including the executive team, offshore data pipeline (ETL) resources, the Product team, the Marketing team, Finance and Operations
- Design, build and drive overall strategy, methodology, and roadmap for the processes, systems, tools and capabilities required to produce and maintain our core data assets. Currently this includes an emerging Snowflake data warehouse, custom Postgres applications, external sources (especially shipping tracking), DBT for data manipulation, and a vendor relationship to manage external data sources. Needless to say, you’ll need to be flexible and thrive in a fast paced, multi‐tasking, high demand environment
- Identify the information architecture, technical infrastructure, and organization resource requirements as well as develop the proper governance, nomenclature, documentation to ensure successful use of data
- Drive data democratization to improve access to data insights for all stakeholders by making data access faster, easier and more sustainable
- Build and lead the corporate Centers of Excellence for the data integration, data warehouse management, and business intelligence functions, which includes training, talent acquisition, and best practice process development.
Experience & Skills we value:
- Bachelors Degree ideally in a Tech related field or alternatively in Finance/Business; Masters a plus
- 10+ years experience in data analytics and data management; with solid exposure to data engineering
- Demonstrated success in leading a data function serving the enterprise, ideally building a multi-disciplined team within a high-growth organization
- A passion for solving complex business, system, and data challenges and desire for constant innovation
- Career path includes time as a technical expert in engineering, data analytics, BI, - developing expertise in SQL, Python, etc. - prior to leadership/management
- Ability to present detailed, complex data in easy-to-understand analyses
Nice to have and/or you’ll learn:
- A huge plus is exposure to a data intensive environment
- Significant experience working with and leading robust software systems with a high data output
- ERP conversion or integration experience
At Double Good, we believe in the power of joy and connection. Our hand-crafted, small batch popcorn sold through a user-friendly app allows organizations to focus on what they love. Our values - people matter, deliver excellence, own it, and enjoy the ride - guide the journey.
As featured on the Today Show, Double Good is not just about the product - we have a strong social mission. We partner with purposeful organizations to benefit students and youth athletes. We’ve helped organizations raise over $200M and 50% of sales goes directly to our customers.
As the #1 product-based virtual fundraising app, we are experiencing rapid growth. Join us in making a positive impact on communities nationwide.
Double Good offers our employees:
- Competitive pay
- Autonomous work environment
- 401k with 4% Match
- Health Insurance, Dental & Vision offered with competitive company contribution
- Healthiest You (teladoc service) covered 100% by Double Good
- Company sponsored disability and life insurance
- Working with amazing charity partners and helping kids.
- Relaxed, Fast-Paced work environment. (It’s a thing, we swear).
- Company events (Happy Hours, Massages, Ice Cream Trucks)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We desire to have our employees reflect the diverse communities we serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.