Join VillageMD as a Head of Research and Development
Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Head of Research and Development to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As Head of Research and Development, you work directly with executive leadership to advance VillageMD's strategic vision and innovative patient-centric care model through clinical discovery. You play a central role in organizational success as you take responsibility for the design and direction of all VillageMD clinical trials, from protocol development and clinical trial discussions with regulatory authorities to the development of timelines and budgets that support and reflect VillageMD's financial priorities and goals.
You lead a cross-functional team of experts in data and scientific research as you translate strategic business objectives into clinical requirements and guide the interpretation and documentation of clinical results for regulatory submissions and publication. You build upon and expand VillageMD's professional collaborations with external clinical investigators, researchers and industry thought-leaders to optimize the performance of clinical development programs. You translate complex clinical findings and research discoveries into actionable, strategic insights to further VillageMD, our physician partners, and the patients they serve.
How you can make a difference:
- Build relationships with senior-level operations and clinical leadership to understand multifaceted business objectives and challenges while developing clinical solutions.
- Ensure all clinical work aligns with business objectives and remains on schedule—addressing challenges that arise and leading corrective actions when necessary.
- Refine standard operating procedures (SOPs) and processes to ensure adherence to established protocols and compliance with FDA/ICH/GCP regulations and standards.
- Translate and clearly communicate research developments and clinical findings through regular publication in peer-reviewed scientific publications.
- Communicate clinical discoveries and concepts and findings to all levels of the organization through clear communication channels that summarize conclusions and present actionable strategic opportunities.
- Oversee the necessary clinical trial approvals from Institutional Review Boards (IRBs), Ethics and Compliance (ECs), legislative and regulatory bodies such as the FDA, while ensuring organization and team members are conforming to regulatory requirements for clinical evaluations and trials.
- Effectively manage and professionally develop a diverse team of industry-leading scientists, statisticians, researchers, project managers, and clinical trial coordinators – functioning as senior-level mentor to ensure quality results.
- Oversee the process of screening, qualifying, selecting, and contracting with investigators, sites and vendors for the effective completion of clinical trials.
- Cultivate and oversee the implementation of investigator-sponsored studies.
- Establish strategic partnerships with industry collaborators in health information technology and clinical research.
- Identify strategic clinical training needs and oversee the creation of training materials for in-house and clinical site use.
Skills for success:
- Confidence and knowledge to take calculated risks to pioneer new solutions.
- Strong understanding of business objectives with ability to translate these into actionable clinical requirements.
- Passionate about scientific discovery with proclivity for numbers and data.
- Exceptional analytical skills with meticulous attention to detail and dedication to accuracy.
- Subject-matter expert in clinical trials, methodologies, and best practices, including evaluating and translating outcomes and study design.
- Experience in reporting to and consulting with executive management.
- Ability to function as inspiring, decisive leader in the midst of challenges while motivating team members to perform at their best.
- Proficiency in leading cross-functional teams toward common goals and initiatives.
- Strong project management skills with a demonstrated effectiveness in overseeing clinical discoveries.
- Ability to translate meaningful data and ground-breaking research into actionable strategies.
- Experience in performing under pressure with attention to detail, and a commitment to follow-through.
- Ability to clearly communicate, distilling complex and technical topics articulately to non-technical audiences, when necessary.
- Self-confidence, tempered with humility, to develop clinically driven business solutions.
- Solutions-oriented and able to navigate within ambiguity comfortably.
Experience to drive change:
- Demonstrated success in academia or a life sciences industry with at least 10 years of experience
- More than 5 years of experience in leading clinical trials
- Extensively published, well-respected leader in the field with at least 10 years of regularly published findings in peer-reviewed clinical studies publications
- Hold an MD and/or PhD in public health or a related field
- Proven advancements in clinical trials and research with established strategic partnerships
- Recognized leadership experience in directing an accomplished team
- Professorship at distinguished institution of higher learning or leadership position within industry-leading clinical research organization
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.