Healthcare Data Scientist
What We'll Bring:
• A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
• Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
• Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
• An opportunity to be a part of a variety of analytical projects in a non-solid environment and be recognized for the work you deliver.
What You'll Bring:
- Master’s in statistics, applied mathematics, predictive analytics, machine learning, or another highly quantitative field with a track record of academic excellence
- 8 years of relevant data analysis or analytics experience with at least 5 years of experience in building statistical analysis, predictive and prescriptive analytics/ models
- 2+ years of experience in building machine learning systems, from prototyping to production release.
- Advanced modeling skills; proficiency with a statistical language such as R, Python, or SAS
- Advanced/expert level skills with SQL/NoSQL databases and can interact with large amounts of data stored in a Hadoop environment
Impact You'll Make:
We’d love to see:
- Past experience in the healthcare, insurance industry and other related risk prediction efforts highly desirable
- Experience analyzing healthcare (clinical, operational, and economic) data
- Previous experiences in analyzing unstructured data using NLP
- Familiar with working on Linux and Tableau environment
- Ability to interpret statistical concepts behind models and packages
Impact you’ll make:
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to deliver innovative analytical products and insights. You will be directly involved in the development of machine learning models and business intelligence solutions for clients such as hospitals, medical insurance companies, and 3rd party analytics partners.
- Design and influence the evolution of the healthcare big data platform and architecture that incorporates machine learning and natural language processing
- You will participate in projects with business partners/consultants on analytic client engagements involving descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analysis leveraging a variety of techniques (e.g., segmentation, logistic regression, survival analysis, principal component analysis, Monte Carlo simulation, scenario and sensitivity analysis, and machine learning).
- Dig in by extracting data and performing statistical analyses on large population datasets (using languages such as R, SAS, SQL, and Python on Linux)
- Deliver analytic insights and recommendations in succinct and compelling presentations for internal and external customers at various levels including an executive audience
- Help to cultivate an environment that promotes excellence and innovation
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.