Healthcare Informatics Senior Analyst
At VillageMD, we are committed to helping patients achieve greater health by delivering the most effective, accessible and efficient healthcare in the world through partnership with primary care physicians. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family- owned practices to world-class health systems. Our analytics team is central to our model of care and leverages big data to derive advanced analytical insights from multiple data sources to drive business decisions. As a Healthcare Informatics Analyst at our organization you will be a key partner to our business providing analytical solutions to complex problems.
In this role, you’ll operate as an analytical consultant to internal and external stakeholders on critical imperatives including patient attribution and risk stratification to target high-risk patients for care management programs, use claims data to understand healthcare trends of the patient population, and measure program effectiveness using ambulatory electronic medical record (EMR) data. You’ll also provide mentorship and development to other analysts on the analytics team by leading projects and initiating solution development for business problems. As our organization continues to grow, so do the opportunities to develop your skills and gain exposure to different areas of our business and model of care. This person will support our Houston market, so our ideal candidate will be based in Houston, at our corporate office in Chicago, or at our analytics office in Richmond, VA. Depending on your location, some travel will be required.
What are some examples of projects you’ll be managing as a Healthcare Informatics Senior Analyst at VillageMD?
- Mining patient and healthcare provider data from multiple sources, including medical claims data, pharmacy claims data and clinical data from EMRs to discover key analytical insights for decision support
- Building reports and dashboards to track key healthcare quality and efficiency metrics by physician
- Providing business and technical requirements for database and system development
- Developing and implementing predictive models to enable population health management to deliver targeted care improving health outcomes and reducing spend
What will make you successful here?
- A desire to be accountable for owning problems from design to implementation
- A bias for action and an aptitude for constructing analysis to solve business problems
- Strong experience with large and complicated data sets from multiple sources including knowledge and experience in SQL
- Ability to manage initiatives through to fruition while ably handling the ambiguity of an evolving environment
What you might do in your first year:
- Participate in the development of proprietary analytical tools, such as predictive models
- Analyze operational metrics to develop and implement programs that allows for faster patient diagnosis
- Collaborate with senior operations leadership to gather requirements to solve multifaceted and complex business problems with data-driven solutions
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 3+ years of full-time experience working in an analytical, reporting or data management role
- Undergrad degree with a concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics or engineering; graduate degree preferred
- Proficiency in one or more computer programming languages and experience with a statistical programming software such as SAS or R
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.