Insights Data Scientist at Camelot Illinois
About Camelot Illinois
Camelot Illinois operates the Illinois Lottery, a modern enterprise that truly benefits the people of Illinois. We place consumers and social responsibility at our core, providing funding for schools, capital projects and special causes. We are a progressive organization that is reinforcing the lottery’s rightful position as a force for good alongside the State of Illinois.
Camelot Illinois is a subsidiary of Camelot Lottery Solutions, a leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world. Camelot Lottery Solutions digital and data platforms, and services power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world including the Irish and UK National Lotteries, Loterie Romande (Switzerland), and the Arkansas Scholarship Lottery.
Our sister company, Camelot UK, has operated the UK National Lottery since 1994. Camelot UK has an unrivaled track record for success, helping the UK National Lottery deliver over $80 billion to winners and $46 billion to good causes to date.
About the Team:
The Data & Analytics function will reinvigorate the Illinois Lottery brand through innovative insight-led programs such as enhanced games, effective social messaging and original advertising campaigns.
Within Camelot Illinois, the Insights Data Scientist is responsible for providing comprehensive analysis and reporting of the retail channel to support the insight, operations, sales and marketing functions.
Additionally, helping to establish the Illinois Lottery brand, to be a champion of the people of Illinois, through Key Job Responsibility is a priority. Department excellence is key to powering possibilities for the people of Illinois.
- Provide category and brand sales analysis for both Draw Based Games and Instants categories, highlighting key risks and opportunities within the retail sector.
- Develop and implement a suite of self-service reports for the sales and marketing teams ensuring they are able to make decisions founded on retail insights.
- Continually optimize the reporting suite, driving an efficient self-serve culture.
- Continuously seek and develop new analysis, dashboard and data visualization techniques and capabilities to drive retail insight.
- Build predictive models and machine learning algorithms (Marketing Mix econometrics/ Sales Forecasting/ Consumer Segmentation etc.)
- Deliver holistic retail channel insights through consumer and macro consumer, shopper, customer, market, competitor and international trends to drive the category and brand strategy in channel.
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Design and analyze retail based trials using an A/B test control approach, providing clear business direction on the impact of retail channel marketing initiatives.
- Analyze and interpret retail sales and customer data in an efficient way to drive insight and knowledge across brands, categories and customers.
- Take information from multiple sources (sales, consumer, customer and macro trends) to formulate insight and provide recommendations and options.
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst
- Proven analytical skills in a CPG or Retail environment.
- Experience in predictive analytics and data mining
- Proficient in SQL, Pyhton/R
- Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik Sense) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop)
- In-depth knowledge of the retail environment, its customers and channels, and experience of retail segmentation for tactical and strategic planning across the channels.
- Experience developing business reporting and KPI dashboards for a full picture of channel, customer and consumer performance.
- Experience of working with sales teams and retailers and understanding customer data to use in analysis and benchmarking.
- Strong presentation skills with an ability to present confidently to senior management creating compelling stories from complex data sets.
- Strong technical expertise in Business Objects, Excel and other dashboard & analytical tools.
- Project management skills and proven experience in managing analysis projects from brief to insight delivery.
- Strong commercial awareness and proven experience of incorporating financial awareness and business implications into the recommendations derived from holistic insight
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Experience working within the Microsoft Suites and/or Google Suite technologies.
Working For Camelot Illinois
We are a transformative lottery company with world-class people, technology, and operations that is committed to powering possibilities--for our employees, our partners, and our consumers. With grit and determination we believe in doing not just the easy thing but the right thing. The Camelot values of do good, be accountable, stay connected, keep improving, and spark enthusiasm are embedded in the design of our organization and our plans for Illinois.
- Do Good: We care about our communities, our stakeholders, and each other. We act with integrity & honesty, as a positive force for Illinois.
- Be Accountable: we drive results. And we continually strive to get those results more efficiently and effectively.
- Stay Connected: Being open, honest, and collaborative is what makes us, us. This is embodied in our messaging and communications and in how we treat each other.
- Keep Improving: We’re hungry to be better. We innovate and evolve our business, our teams, and ourselves, always with an eye on professional and personal growth.
- Spark Enthusiasm: We incorporate energy and laughter into every aspect of our work to create positive and entertaining experiences.
We want people who thrive in an autonomous, collaborative and results-driven environment to join our company. We believe the way to attract and retain the best talent is to offer a fulfilling experience and meaningful work in an organization committed to growing its people. Learning & Development is a top priority, and we partner with employees to grow and progress their professional skill sets.
Benefits and Employee Policies
We bring our experience of working with European lotteries to Illinois. We also bring a European influence to paid time off, family leave and so on. We have created a strong ethical culture that is translated to each of our employees and business dealings globally. We offer a package of benefits and policies that competes with any private sector employer in the state. We ensure that every employee is engaged and has the necessary support to understand and implement the responsible gaming principles at work.
Moreover, we pledge to have the highest standards of respect, diversity and inclusion at our company and support and encourage our partners to do the same.
Camelot Illinois is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.