International Data Science Consultant
”TransUnion is committed to finding innovative ways information can be used to help businesses and consumers make smarter decisions.”
-Chris Cartwright, President US Info Services, CEO Administration
What we’ll bring:
- A work environment that encourages collaboration and innovation. We consistently explore new technologies and tools to be agile.
- Flexible time off, workplace flexibility, an environment that welcomes continued professional growth through support of tuition reimbursement, conferences and seminars.
- Our culture encourages our people to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
- An environment in which you’ll have the ability to collaborate with teams in both Chicago and international locations that are responsible for driving research studies and industry analysis within the consumer lending sector.
- Work that will allow you to leverage your technical analytics skills to solve real world client issues and converting those insights into stories that resonate with external audiences
What you’ll bring:
- A Master’s or Ph.D. in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics or an equivalent discipline. Equivalent analytical experience will be considered in lieu of an advanced degree.
- Highly analytical mindset with the curiosity to dig deeper into data, trends and consumer behavior
- Capability to eloquently describe analytic ideas, requirements, processes and findings in non-technical terms.
- A strong interest in the areas of banking, consumer lending and finance is paramount
- Strong SQL, SAS, or R programming skills required.
What we’d prefer to see:
- Experience with big data platforms (e.g. IBM Netezza, Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark) preferred
- Ability to travel internationally
Impact you’ll make:
- You’ll use varied, leading-edge data aggregation and statistical analysis, the incumbent conducts sophisticated research initiatives aimed at understanding why consumers behave the way they do with credit, what external forces influence that behavior and what lenders need to know to manage the risks and opportunities associated with that behavior.
- You will develop a strong understanding of consumer credit data and how it applies to industry trends and research.
- You will drive research and analysis projects around complex market dynamics, including study design, results analysis and final publication.
- You will translate complex analytical findings into insightful business presentations.
- You will author articles based on our research for publication in industry-specific journals.
- You will speak eloquently on behalf of TransUnion to share our insights at both our own conferences and at 3rd-party industry events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.