iSeries DB2 Database Administrator at OneMain Financial
Do you want to join a team that is agile, collaborative, and highly skilled? Here at OneMain you will be part of a DBA team with cross-training opportunities to learn even more about other database platforms. You will perform troubleshooting, possibly of multiple databases, and work with a team that works collaboratively to recommend database techniques that support business needs.
This is a remote role that can be located within driving distance to the following locations - Baltimore, MD - Wilmington, DE - NYC - Chicago - Evansville, IN - Fort Worth, TX
- Supports the design and implementation of new database environments and redesign of existing systems to fulfill business needs.
- Evaluates performance of databases and responds to issues that arise related to databases.
- Troubleshoots database issues.
- Manage database objects – schemas, views, tables, stored procedures and triggers.
- Supports developers and QA by maintaining test environments and configuring databases to development specifications.
- Work with application development teams to develop data models that support business processes. Ensure changes adhere to best practices and are properly prioritized and scheduled.
- Reviews all proposed DB changes proposed by design and development.
- Creates technical support documentation for databases.
- Participate in the On-Call rotation where each DBA contributes weekly.
- Acts as a SME on iSeries and DB2
- This is a DB2 database administration role NOT a systems administration role.
- 70% DB2 DBA - 30% Application Developer (RPG/COBOL).
- IBM iSeries/Power Series database performance tuning.
- Write and tune SQL
- Knowledge of SDLC and database design methodologies/principles.
- Document and implement best practices for database environments.
- Design/implement backup and recovery solutions.
- Willingness to learn iSeries if you do not have it
- 8+ Experience working with DB2
- 8+ Experience with Cobol, RPG
- 5+ Years of DBA database experience Oracle, SQL,
- 8+ Experience with related utilities/tools, physical database design
- 5+ years of database administration for highly available applications (Responsible for the database performance 24x7)
- College degree or equivalent military or business experience.
NOTE - Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
Because we want our team members to bring us their very best every day, we believe they deserve the right opportunities and benefits. That’s why we packed our comprehensive benefits package for full- and some part-timers with:
- Health and wellbeing options for team members and their dependents
- Up to 4% matching 401(k)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Continuing education
- Bonus eligible
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer time
- And more
OneMain Financial is the country’s largest lending-exclusive financial company, proudly serving millions of customers with safe, affordable and transparent installment loans. Our customers turn to us every day—online and at 1,500 branches in 44 states—to help them take control and improve their financial lives with solutions for debt consolidation, medical expenses, household bills, home improvements and auto purchases. Our talented and dedicated team members constantly look for responsible ways to serve our customers when, where and how they want. It’s all about doing the right thing—a mission that hasn’t changed for more than 100 years.
OneMain Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action (AA) employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.