JAVA Developer (AWS/BigData) at JPMorgan Chase
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
CIB Payments Technology is looking for an experienced software developer to help build out its big data platform. As a Big Data engineer you will work on delivering innovative solutions that help Payments platform to scale to millions of transactions processed per day and are responsible for managing data at Terabyte scale.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience with full development lifecycle – requirements analysis, design, implementation, and testing (TDD)
- Experience with AWS APIs and hands-on experience in working with AWS S3
- Experience working on NoSQL Databases such as Cassandra, HBase, DynamoDB, and Elastic Search
- Experience working with Kafka
- Advanced hands-on experience in Java, Spring Framework, React Js, REST API
- Advanced hands-on experience in testing tools – Junit, Selenium
- Hands-on experience in DevOps and CI/CD practices
- AWS Certification is a plus
- Expertise in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture and design across all systems
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world’s important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions that help the bank provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk, and extend liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.