Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are seeking a highly motivated and capable junior bioinformatics scientist with experience and interest in translational cancer research. This position requires experience with cancer genomics, bioinformatic pipelines, relational data systems, and statistical modeling. Top candidates will also have experience deploying bioinformatics code and retrieving relevant data from relational databases.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use SQL and other scripting languages to retrieve relevant data from various bioinformatics databases.
- Use Python to perform lab concordance analysis using relevant data
- Use Python and/or R to perform statistical analyses on large data sets
- Collaborate with team members, Tempus scientists and clinicians, and team management to design and perform analyses on cancer clinical sequencing data
- Communicate findings in a clear and logical manner to help stakeholders make scientific decisions based on your data
- Produce high quality and detailed documentation for all projects
- BS/BA in bioinformatics, computer science, molecular biology or genetics
- Programming skills: SQL, Bash, Python (Coding challenge will be required)
- Computational biology skills using R, Bioconductor, and/or Python
- Software development techniques using Github
- Familiarity with statistical modeling
- Familiarity with Mac/Linux working environment
Ideal candidates will possess:
- Advanced degree in Bioinformatics, computational biology, genomics, or equivalent field of study
- Demonstrated programming ability
- Work experience in cancer genetics or molecular biology
- Work experience working with next-generation sequencing data
- Work experience in completing concordance analyses and NGS machine validations
- Familiar with NGS lab practices
- Self-driven and works well in interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to a diverse audience
- Strong background in statistical models
- Familiar with cloud computing especially AWS a plus