Jr. Software Engineer, Machine Learning
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it’s helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Applied Technology organization puts some of Motorola Solutions' brightest minds on unique, highly challenging projects. Based on decades of experience with our customers, we apply leading-edge technologies to support security and safety throughout the world. We engineer our products from start to finish and manufacture them in-house. We're known for low volume and high capability with focused specialization in areas including software-defined radios, advanced antenna solutions, artificial intelligence and machine learning, cybersecurity, signals intelligence and more. We can't tell you much more about what we do, but we can tell you it's amazing.
Candidates for this position are software engineers with strong programming skills who demonstrate curiosity, continuous learning, and an ability to adapt. Ideal candidates have a background in Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning along with diverse knowledge and a wide variety of interests, especially in cellular / wireless communications. Hands-on experience in embedded software development is also beneficial. Our products are developed to very high standards of quality and reliability and you will be expected to learn and conform to the department’s software process during all development activities. You will have the opportunity to create proof-of-concept and low-volume specialty communications products for government and private industry.
- Participate in cutting edge artificial intelligence (AI) research and product development, focused on embedded, edge device wireless communication systems.
- Develop solutions for real world systems, leveraging AI/ML algorithms for standalone products and to enhance existing Applied Technology offerings.
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary product development teams to identify performance improvement opportunities and integrate trained models.
- Perform duties in all areas of development (i.e. requirements analysis, high and low-level design, coding, model training and evaluation, documentation, real world testing, and validation).
- Hands-on interaction with product hardware for developing and debugging.
- Experience with AI/ML frameworks (TensorFlow, Caffe, or MXNet) and knowledge of neural network fundamentals.
- Experience with GPU programming with CUDA, OpenCL and/or GPU-based software acceleration libraries.
- Flexible, results-oriented problem-solver who requires minimal supervision. Projects can vary greatly from one to the next, so you must thrive on variety and enjoy taking on new challenges.
- Willingness to learn one or more wireless communication standards (GSM, CDMA, UMTS, LTE, iDEN, Tetra, etc.).
- Ability to meaningfully communicate with members of all engineering disciplines (Hardware, RF, Software, FPGA, etc), as well as management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent understanding of real-time embedded software design and be proficient in Linux, C, C++, Python and other software languages and operating systems.
- Agile software development and/or Git/JIRA experience is a plus.
- Bachelor's (BS) or Master's (MS) degree, preferably in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, or related technical field.
- Experience programming in C, C++, Python or Java.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract. Some contracts may have higher-level clearance requirements.
Position TypeNew Grad
Referral Payment PlanNo
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.