Junior Data Analyst at Amper Technologies, Inc.
The data science team at Amper is growing, and we are looking to add a junior data analyst to the team. Amper is a fast-growing tech company headquartered in Chicago’s River West neighborhood. We build a simple but powerful platform that helps manufacturers reduce costs, increase visibility and drive efficiency.
The junior data analyst would work within the data science team to help analyze and fine-tune algorithms that help our customers gain visibility into their operations. They would work closely with our data scientist and data engineer to analyze new signal types, help maintain a system that processes thousands of fragments a day, and help deliver accurate data to our customers.
- Fetch and visualize data and fine-tune algorithm parameters for various signals we collect.
- Improve existing algorithms and adapt parameters for equipment we monitor.
- Work with the data science team to maintain and improve our automated monitoring system.
- STEM background, or strong quantitative reasoning skills
- Experience working with real world scientific data
- Experience using Jupyter notebooks and Python for data visualization
- Python basics, including data science libraries like Pandas and numpy
Some reasons you might like working with us:
- We are a cross-functional team that thrives on collaborating and supporting colleagues
- Our vision is aspirational and we have the team, technology and customer base to support that growth
- We believe that building Amper is a marathon, not a short-sprint, and we support work/life balance with unlimited PTO and flexible work schedules.
- You’ll get to build something from the ground up and be directly involved in taking the company to the next level.
If this role seems like a fit, we would love to learn more about your experience and goals.
Our team is passionate about making manufacturers succeed by providing simple and powerful tools to better understand and manage their operations. We replace the "clipboard and paper" with a real-time analytics tool that helps reduce downtime and focus limited resources on things that matter. Innately, we are builders - we love understanding how things are made and, unsurprisingly, love being hands-on in building things ourselves - whether it's our product, customer success journey or our sales process.
Amper is backed by leading venture capital firms like Slow Ventures and SOSV, as well as top entrepreneurs and angel investors.