Kafka Data Engineer at Oak Street Health
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:24 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, March 1, 2022
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Data Engineer (Kafka)
Location: Downtown Chicago (30 W. Monroe St.)
The mission of Oak Street Health is to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
We are a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare.
The Oak Street model integrates outstanding clinical expertise, technology, and teamwork to deliver improved care quality and cost savings. These cost savings are then reinvested into care in our communities, creating a virtuous cycle of improving community health.
We are a national organization serving over 100,000 patients and we are growing rapidly. We are a diverse team of care providers, service team members, technologists, community outreach experts, business professionals, and more -- all dedicated to our Oaky Values and motivated by our mission. We're looking forward to getting to know you!
For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com
As a Data Engineer you will be responsible for delivering high quality modern data solutions through collaboration with our engineering, analysts, and product teams in a fast-paced, agile environment leveraging cutting-edge technology to reimagine how Healthcare is provided. You will be instrumental in the designing, integrating, and implementing solutions as well supporting migrations of existing workloads to Kafka.
- Design and deploy enterprise-scale cloud infrastructure solutions
- Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving difficult and meaningful development and integration problems
- Work closely with our Data and Engineering teams to design best in class Kafka implementations
- Participate in efforts to develop and execute testing, training, and documentation across applications
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of relevant working experience with Kafka
- Kafka skills are highly preferred, including provisioning, configuring, and developing solutions.
- Hands-on experience with cloud orchestration and automation tools, CI/CD pipeline creation
- Hands-on experience working with PaaS/ IaaS/ SaaS products and solutions
- Understanding of Distributed Data Processing of big data batch or streaming pipelines
- U nderstanding of Data Modeling & strong skills in Analytics
- Someone who embodies being "Oaky"
- What it means to be OAKY:
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- Competitive benefits; including paid vacation/sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.