Lab Purchasing and Inventory Coordinator
Purchasing & Inventory Coordinator
Passionate about making a difference in the world of cancer genomics?
With the advent of genomic sequencing, we can finally decode and process our genetic makeup. We now have more data than ever before but providers don't have the infrastructure or expertise to make sense of this data. We're on a mission to connect an entire ecosystem to redefine how genomic data is used in clinical settings. We are looking for a purchasing and inventory coordinator who will be responsible for the ordering and inventory control for a clinical sequencing lab.
- Work with department managers to determine purchasing needs and requirements for multiple laboratory departments
- Identify the most appropriate supplier for the designated product, determine availability, perform comparative pricing and negotiate pricing, confirm quality of products and establish delivery requirements/timelines
- Perform all purchasing functions, such as issuing purchase orders (POs), invoice creation, pricing verification, order tracking and receipt verification
- Input and maintain online database of all products; maintain daily inventory update
- Identify and resolve any and all issues related to product quality, pricing, delivery, utilization, loss
- Perform inventory cycle counts, spot counts and month end reconciliation process; research any variances and authorize appropriate inventory adjustments
- Update company on any new products that may be more efficient or cost effective, obsolete products, product trends
- Conduct records audit of inventory, adjustments and other metrics and prepare monthly/ quarterly/ annual reports of findings to management
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Experience in purchasing and inventory control management
- Highly organized and systematic, superb attention to detail and ability to complete tasks with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt to new processes smoothly.
- Bachelor’s degree required.