Lead Business Analyst (Payments) at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for formulating system scopes and project objectives relative to the business plans and industry requirements. Provides technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of systems. Provides technical consulting on complex projects. Analyzes business and user needs, documents requirements, and translates them into system requirement specifications. Develops/supports project plans, creates test cases, executes and supports tests, creates implementation plans, assigns and reviews work of the team, and coordinates the installation of solutions. Advises and coaches team members.
· Analyses and designs business systems including: diagnosing business needs and related requirement specifications, system development planning, creation and implementation of test plans, and on-going project oversight. Compares implemented solutions against original specifications and makes necessary adjustments.
· Translates business requirements into system specifications and provides them to technology teams. Provide oversight for research efforts; ensure quality of technical solution and deliverables
· Implements quality control procedures and validates production data. Provides technical consulting on data systems. Identifies and analyzes production data issues and proposes solutions.
· Enhances, optimizes, and automates existing processes.
· Advises and coaches team members.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
· Bachelor's Degree in Project Management, Business, Information Technology, or related field
· 4+ years of experience in Software Development, Business Analyst, Project Management, Scrum Master, Finance or related experience
· In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Software Development, Business Analyst, Project Management, Scrum Master, Finance or related experience
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
· Extensive knowledge of Payment Services, including Operational and Technical aspects
· Experience in defining approach, action plans and oversight of project execution
· Demonstrated leadership in identifying and facilitating resolution of requirement, process and project issues
· Proven leadership to drive cross-functional teams to a consensus and manage groups without direct authority
· Proficiency in Agile methodology, including backlog grooming, interactive engagement with Scrum Master, SMEs and other product owners
· Familiarity with API functionality/specifications
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.