Lead Business Analyst
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As a Lead Business Analyst, this individual will provide assistance and guidance to the business and technology teams for the Payments Data Ops team in Business Technology (BT). They will work on high profile projects with concentration on Payments related projects and research.
This individual has duties of analyzing the business requirements, working with various business and BT teams in identifying the data elements and preparing detailed specifications from which programs are written. Working directly with business partners, this individual will understand data requirements at an attribute level and develop business plans to use the information and work with architects to design efficient solutions.
* Collect metadata for all the data attributes and identify the ownership of these data attributes.
* Provide subject matter expertise in the analysis and preparation of specifications and plans for development/modification of the processes.
* Act as project manager for projects where no overall technology PM is assigned.
* Determine the data and reporting needs from the Teradata and AWS platforms for our business partners.
* Document specifications in Source-to-Target spreadsheets and Magellan tool for use by ETL developers.
* Coordinate work within the Advanced Analytics department.
* Leverage knowledge of data warehouse data in order to work closely with business partners to determine and document requirements.
* Write SQL to extract data for ad hoc requests. Work with Data Modelers to make sure end results meet business needs.
* Research and provide status communication on production support issues.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Business, Information Technology, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Business Analyst, Project Management, Scrum Master, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Strong leadership skills
- Team motivator and team player
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of development lifecycle and PDP
- Ability to multi-task Teradata/AWS experience
- Tableau experience
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.