Lead Business Analyst
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for formulating system scopes and objectives relative to the business plans and industry requirements. Provides technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of systems. Provides technical consulting on complex projects. Analyzes business and user needs, documents requirements and translation them into system requirement specifications. Develops project plans, creates test cases, executes and supports tests, creates implementation plans, assigns and reviews work of the team, and coordinates the installation of solutions. Advises and coaches team members.
- Enhances, optimizes, and automates existing processes.
- Advises and coaches team members.
- Implements quality control procedures and validates production data. Provides technical consulting on data systems. Identifies and analyzes production data issues and proposes solutions.
- Translates business requirements into system specifications and provides them to technology teams.
- Analyses and designs business systems including: diagnosing business needs and related requirement specifications, system development planning, creation and implementation of a test plans, and on-going project oversight. Compares implemented solutions against original specifications and makes necessary adjustments.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Business, Information Technology, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in Business Analyst, Project Management, Scrum Master, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- BPM experience strongly preferred.
- Business process engineering experience strongly preferred
- Archer administrative or Archer business analyst experience preferred
- eGRC experience preferred
- IT Risk Management Experience preferred
- Archer certified preferred
- Consulting experience preferred
- CISA, CRISC or CISSP preferred
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.