Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for designing, developing and supporting dashboard, analytic and reporting solutions for a wide variety of business intelligence data sets in support of assigned business partners. Directly accountable for designing and building complex queries into enterprise data stores to retrieve information in a manner that allows current and future BI tools to express the data in meaningful ways and answer the analytic questions being asked by their customers.
- Provides all facets of support for all deployed Business Intelligence projects, identifies root cause of issues, and actively participates in guiding resolution.
- Functions as a BI technical consultant, partnering with business users to gather, document, and develop data and information requirements to answer the business questions being asked. Researches and identifies the correct enterprise data stores to use as the source of truth for the information, working in close partnership with the technology and business teams.
- Ensures all assigned projects adhere to the enterprise design standards for visual design, data governance, and performance, including cross validation of source data, development of routine data quality checks, and performance testing under different enterprise load conditions.
- Develops creative and innovative ways to answer critical business questions by augmenting existing data assets or driving the development of new ones. Leverages technical expertise and data storytelling abilities to transform the business requirements into impactful and efficient analytic solutions, leveraging the full power of all enterprise Business Intelligence tools available.
- Guides the User Acceptance testing, project documentation, and deployment processes for all assigned BI projects, including regular-reoccurring project updates on completion status to project sponsors.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Quantitative, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in Data Analytics and Query Design in a quantitatively driven industry, or related field
- 2+ years of hands-on experience, utilizing industry-leading Business Intelligence Tools such as Tableau, Power BI, or Qlikview to develop robust, interactive, and visually impactful dashboards, or related field
- 2+ years of hands-on experience developing optimized, complex SQL queries across large volumes of data in both relational and multi-dimensional data sources such as Teradata, Hadoop, Amazon Redshift, or Hyperion Essbase, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years of experience in Data Analytics and Query Design in a quantitatively driven industry, or related field.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.