Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Responsible for providing MIS reporting and analytical support for the Capital stress testing, resolution planning and macroeconomic scenarios. Support the development of capital plan, resolution plan and other regulatory submissions.
- Performs various financial analysis and develops reports for presentation to the CCAR Working Group, Capital Planning Committee, Resolution Plan Strategy Group and Resolution Plan Steering Committee and Board of Directors
- Analyzes and interprets stress testing forecast results and peer bank/industry data to strengthen the effective challenge framework. Performs variance analysis to understand trends and drivers for forecast result changes
- Manages development of certain sections within the Capital Plan and Resolution Plan, including financial data tables
- Manages the life-cycle of non-modeling forecasting approaches including tracking, review, governance and implementation. Participates in updating and enhancing procedures, process flows, and EUC assets
- Manages the monthly economic forecasts used in Corporate Planning, CECL and CCAR processes including model documentation and performance monitoring
- Builds relationships with cross-functional business partners across Treasury, Financial Modeling, Loss Forecasting, LOB Finance, Enterprise Risk and Model Risk
- Supports and enhances the Capital stress testing and resolution planning programs to drive efficiencies
- Assists in complying with changes to the regulatory requirements and support audit/regulatory exam processes
- Supports ongoing maintenance and development of capital planning technology infrastructure; support corporate finance senior management on ad-hoc analytical requests
- Supports process enhancements including process improvements, optimization and process change management initiatives related to the reporting of the company's capital management, stress testing and resolution planning program
Education - Bachelors Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business
4+ years Finance Analysis, Strategy, Business Management, or related Minimum
- 4+ years’ experience in Financial Services, Consulting or related field; prior experience in analytical roles related to Treasury, Finance, or Risk Management is required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with various levels of management
- Strong understanding of financial statements
- Project management experience, including the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Experience in problem-solving and data driven analysis
- Self-motivated, displays a high level of initiative
- High proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Hyperion Essbase
- Master’s Degree; CFA certification; Prior experience with CCAR/Resolution planning a plus
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.