Lead Cloud Engineer- Data at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for working with key stakeholders to help define our on-prem and public Cloud strategy, and delivering those capabilities through modern automation tools, principles, and patterns. Responsibilities will include ''cloud-native'' platform advocacy to enhance features and improve adoption. This is a ''DevOps'' position, responsible for the full-stack engineering and support of products that support our hybrid cloud capabilities.
- Partners with key stakeholders as a platform champion for cloud-native systems, and coaches on how to use platform capabilities effectively through appropriate venues.
- Drives continual improvement of the IaaS product and capabilities through internal user groups and external market research.
- Builds, delivers, and maintains modern cloud platforms that support Agile teams.
- Collaborate/Communicate efforts and align development efforts with planned Roadmaps
- Provide system support as part of a support rotation with other team members
- Perform root cause analysis, alternate solution evaluation
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 1+ years of experience in Team Lead, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in application or platform development, consulting, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Ability to visualize and document architecture/design topology
- Understanding of tools such as Git/Chef/Ansible/Terraform/Vault/Shell
- Understanding of CI/CD, infrastructure engineering concepts
- General understanding/expertise with Security
- Past experience of Cassandra, Gemfire will be a plus
- Knowledge of emerging trends, ability to recommend solutions and define future state architecture
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.