Lead Credit Risk Analyst
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for developing and enhancing credit risk management strategies and/or loss forecasts. Utilizes customer-level information and predictive models to maximize profits, while using efficient trade-offs among key business metrics such as credit losses, receivables, and profit. Identifies, designs, and implements statistical and business analyses in support of business strategy and loss forecasting activities.
- Independently develops and maintains credit strategies and/or loss forecasts. Designs and implements comprehensive tests and evaluates financial impact to drive continual improvement. Proposes optimization schemes and customer segmentation, using predictive models to improve decision making.
- Facilitates accurate implementation of work product and ensures performance is as expected. Escalates unexpected results in an expedited manner.
- Consistently follows standard work processes and documentation requirements. Recommends improvement to work processes to increase efficiency while maintaining quality of work.
- Continually improves technical and leadership skills through training and development.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Master’s Degree in Mathematics, Science, Business, Statistics, Finance, Economics, Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Analytics, Consulting, Financial Services, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Analytics, Consulting, Financial Services, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Analytics, Consulting, Financial Services, or related field
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!