Lead Data Engineer at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With Discover, you’ll have the chance to make a difference at one of the world’s leading digital banking and payments companies. From Day 1, you’ll do meaningful work you’re passionate about, with the support and resources you need for success. We value what makes each employee unique and provide a collaborative, team-based culture that gives everyone an opportunity to shine. Be the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future, while building the future you want, here at Discover.
Discover Financial Services is seeking a Lead Data Engineer to join our Enterprise Technology organization. Successful candidates will partner with our business partners to understand their reporting & data needs, design and help the team build pipelines using Next-Gen tools & new capabilities. Additionally you will be responsible to achieve operational excellence and efficient ways to manage projects and Production support. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Discover Financial Service’s data and its mission.
What You’ll Do
- Provide engineering leadership to create and enhance data solutions enabling seamless integration and flow of data across the data ecosystem.
- Design and develop data ingestion frameworks leveraging Open-Source tools such as NiFi, Kafka, Java, Pig, Spark, Python, as well as data processing/transformation frameworks leveraging Open-Source tools.
- Build micro services based designs & solutions within the ETL data pipeline on Container Platforms (e.g Kubernetes & Open Shift)
- Create POC's of new ideas, scale them into Generic Patterns, and able to drive the team with technology thought leadership, bring in new ideas and bringing the engineering culture.
- Provide support for deployed data applications and analytical models.
How You’ll Do It
- Develop and maintain complex front-ends focused on user experience.
- Develop and maintain back-end systems.
- Work with key stakeholders to design complex solutions and lead from inception to production.
- Create and maintain DevOps processes, application infrastructure, and utilize cloud services (including database systems and models).
- Innovate on and advocate for best practices and improved team processes.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Support live systems to ensure business continuity.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or related field
- 6+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
- In lieu of degree, 8+ years of experience in computer science, information technology or related field
Bonus Points If You Have
- Well versed with AWS, Cloud Platforms and experience on hybrid cloud data strategy solutions along with experience working with / in Data Warehouse teams that solve big data problems and challenges.
- Working or conceptual knowledge of Ab Initio / ETL technologies, MPP Databases, Stream Data Platforms with knowledge on Qlik Replicate, Kafka, K-SQL
- AWS / Cloud / Data Warehouse Certification a big plus
- Self-starter, Engineering Mindset, Innovator & Individual Contributor, Bring ideas to whiteboard and adopt with an agile mindset.
- Bonus, if the candidates are experienced with Customers, Contact Preferences, Marketing and Financial domains.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!