Lead Data Engineer
What you will be doing:
The Data Engineering Lead is responsible for directing the activities of our multidisciplinary Data Engineering team. The current team includes several backend software engineers, a Database Administrator and one or more Data Scientists. As Data Engineering Lead, you’ll work closely with the leaders of our product, platform engineering and devops teams to support our ambitious product goals. You’ll be responsible for setting direction for our database infrastructure and providing platform-wide architectural guidance. At Lumere, Data Engineering also owns application optimization, prediction models, and provides guidance and support to a separate Data Operations (ETL) team.
The Data Engineering Lead has outstanding backend technical experience and the ability to successfully coach other engineers as they develop their skills and their careers. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator with a focus on listening to the team. They also share a passion with their teammates for delivering a market-leading, web-based solution used to transform healthcare. This position reports directly to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Partnering with cross-functional stakeholders to identify and plan for new data related business requirements, ensuring the details of those requirements are adequately fleshed out before development begins
- Accountability for the consistent and effective flow of work for the Data Engineering team
- Positioning yourself as the go-to expert with internal stakeholders and seen as deeply aware of, and able to address, their technical needs
- Working with our devops and product teams to ensure our data engineers are positioned to satisfy their sprint commitments
- Executing against the ‘technical vision’ for data, ensuring that all data engineering efforts are building toward long-term success
- Reviewing pull requests, troubleshooting tough performance issues, and fostering our pair-programming and team-wide knowledge sharing efforts
- Helping to develop and maintain code standards and accountability to them
- 7+ years of experience in software engineering or a related field
- Extensive experience working with our stack (Python, PostgreSQL, AWS) or something similar
- BA/BS degree in computer science or other engineering degree
- Ability to quickly learn, understand and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions
- Experience building and managing production-quality ML models a plus
- Growth-company DNA – thrives in a fast-paced environment and shares an excitement to lead change!