Lead Data Engineer at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. Weandrsquo;re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.Responsible for designing and developing data-driven platforms and next-generation analytic technologies.
Designs and develops complex and critical data projects.Designs and develops real-time processing solutions.Creates and enhances data solutions that enable seamless integration and flow of data across the data ecosystem.Designs and develops data ingestion frameworks, leveraging open-source tools and data-processing frameworks.Develops, implements, and supports application codes and analytical models.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 6+ years of experience in Data Platform Administration/Engineering
- Experienced in Agile/Lean/SAFe methodologies.
- Proficiency in one of the scripting languages such as Shell/Python/Scala/Java.
- Good understanding of Big Data technology trends, with knowledge of technologies such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark, Hive, pySpark.
- Experience with one of the ETL tools Abinitio, Informatica, Data Stage or Pentaho.
- Hands on experience with AWS based solutions such as RDS, Lambda, Dynamodb, Snowflake, Redshift or S3.
- Experience in building & utilizing tools and frameworks within the Big Data ecosystem including Hadoop, Kafka, Spark, HBase, NoSQL.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL or Postgres and understanding of columnar data stores such as Snowflake or Redshift, and expert skills in writing complicated SQL statements.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience within the financial industry
- Experience in HR Systems a plus.
- AWS Cloud Services certification .
- Familiarity with Tableau or Similar Reporting Platforms.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.