Lead Database Engineer (DBA)
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
Do you want to be on the forefront of the next BIG thing in advancing the analytic technology landscape? Are you driven by the thought of being involved at the ground level of an enterprise wide transformation? Do you enjoy solving complex business problems in a fast paced, collaborative environment?
Discover Financial Services is seeking a bright, driven, and talented individual to join a team of passionate and innovative technologists.
*** THIS POSITION WILL BE BASED IN OUR DOWNTOWN CHICAGO OFFICE ***
In this role, you will use your experience and hands on approach with next generation technologies to contribute to a team that delivers the latest streaming & next generation data technologies.
- Contributing member of a high performing, agile team focused on next generation data & analytic technologies
- Provide technical expertise to design efficient solutions for next generation SQL and NOSQL database systems.
- Provide DB engineering support for different types of databases such as HBase, Redshift, DynamoDB, Neo4J, Hive, Postgres
- Design and implementation solutions for high availability, replication and disaster recovery solutions
- Evaluate, recommend and build NoSQL and SQL solution for the right business use case
- Consult with users and applications on optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments and making recommendations to optimize performance.
- Leverage DevOps techniques and practices like Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Test Automation, Build Automation and Test Driven Development to enable the rapid delivery of end user capabilities
- Hands on experience leading delivery through Agile methodologies
- Promote a risk-aware culture, ensure efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to require standards and processes.
- Bachelors Degree
- 5+ years work experience
- 5+ years Database Administration experience
- 3+ years SQL & SQL performance tuning
- Experience managing NoSQL databases such HBASE, Casandra, MongoDB
- Strong understanding of relational database structures, theories, principles, and queries (SQL)
- Understanding of data architecture
- Experience working with automated build and continuous integration systems (Chef, Jenkins, Docker)
- Experience managing code on Github
- Industry experience in Financial Services or other regulated industries