Lead Database Engineer at Discover
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Responsible for the activities related to database administration and systems development support. Under indirect supervision, analyzes and implements the physical model of the database within established standards, ensuring the best performance. Supports multiple services and multiple databases of medium to high complexity (complexity defined by database size, technology used, systems feeds, and interfaces) with multiple concurrent users, ensuring control, integrity, and accessibility of data. Works on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Performs scheduled changes (patching, maintenance, deployment, decommission, configuration, performance tuning) for all hardware and software used to support the database infrastructure.
- Participates with infrastructure and application teams regarding project work, POCs, and/or troubleshooting exercises.
- Participates in pager rotation to provide 24×7 support for all database system environments (Prod, Test, Development).
- Monitors databases for performance degradation, connectivity issues, system events, and alerts. Updates and manages tickets through resolution with vendors and internal support groups. Tests, analyzes, performs corrective actions, and restores availability and services in a timely and accurate manner to eliminate/reduce application impact. Provides timely notifications to management/outage team and escalates tickets to the appropriate internal and external management as needed.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Database Administration, IT, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in Database, IT, or related field
- Oracle Database Administration (Versions 11.2, 12.1, 12.2)
- Golden Gate (data replication)
- SQL Tuning/Performance Troubleshooting
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- RMAN (Recovery Manager)
- Oracle Exadata
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!