Lead Information Governance and Privacy Analyst at OCC
The Lead Information Governance and Privacy Analyst is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of OCC’s information governance, data protection, and privacy program. This includes supporting the development of strategies, policies, and procedures related to the governance and protection of data throughout its lifecycle. In addition, the role will work with stakeholders to define the information governance, data protection, and privacy requirements for external organizations with whom OCC has a business need to share information; will facilitate compliance with the identified requirements to control risk; will represent the program to internal and external stakeholders; and will support the development and implementation of training and awareness programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders to create a culture that manages information as an enterprise asset.
- Support the implementation of the information governance, data protection, and privacy program including but not limited to the developing and implementing policies, identifying technologies to support policy objectives, and supporting risk assessments (e.g. third-party risk, privacy, data protection).
- Support and develop compliance assessments for information governance, data protection, and privacy including development of controls to measure risk.
- Support the enterprise-wide records and information management (RIM) program, ensuring information across all media and formats is properly retained and disposed. This includes remediation of legacy data and information repositories to ensure retention, disposition, protection, and classification are addressed in new applications, platforms, and systems.
- Collaborate with OCC internal and external stakeholders to effectively and efficiently implement OCC’s information governance, data protection, and privacy policies and requirements.
- Support and develop training and awareness programs for information governance, data protection, and privacy.
- Identify trends in privacy and regulatory requirements and compliance enforcement, and account for the necessary changes in the program.
- N/A Individual Contributor
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in information management, information systems, law, computer science or BA/BS in another discipline with equivalent experience.
- Strong attention to detail, customer orientation, communication, and presentation skills including the ability to listen and quickly translate business needs into solutions and build effective working relationships.
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving, and analytic skills.
- Ability to adapt to change in emerging environments and work across multiple areas.
- Experience in developing policies and procedures preferred.
- Experience in project management, project execution, and manage multiple priorities in a timeline driven environment.
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment including an understanding of audit and compliance requirements.
- Understanding of and interest in technology selection and implementation.
Demonstrated proficiency in the following areas:
- Office 365
- Project / Program Management
Education and/or Experience:
- 3-6 years of applicable work experience.
Certificates or Licenses:
- None. The candidate may have the equivalent experience of the following: Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP), Certified Information Privacy Management (CIPM), Certified Records Manager (CRM), and/or Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT), and one or more of: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Information Governance Professional (IGP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) and Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
When you find a position you're interested in, click the 'Apply' button. Please complete the application and attach your resume.
You will receive an email notification to confirm that we've received your application.
If you are called in for an interview, a representative from OCC will contact you to set up a date, time, and location.