Lead Information Management Data Strategy at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This individual will act as the third party/vendor liaison/contact between Discover business units and third party vendors. The individual is expected to monitor and be up to date on the current trends and emerging technologies in the financial services and Fintech space and develop relationships with top vendors and transform them into strategic business partners. This role would be introducing the latest global technologies to Discover and work with internal business partners to ensure they are utilized in Discover’s strategy planning for the future. Vendor Scoping and market intelligence are key functional areas for this role. The candidate will be representing Discover when dealing with vendors and appropriate level of communication and presentation is expected. The role will be supporting Card products and Advanced Analytics group along with other departments.
Responsible for managing third-party vendors and compliance activities related to vendor onboarding. Regularly evaluates new data sources and products that may contribute to the enhancement of models, strategies, and infrastructure.
- Point of contact for interaction with third party vendors
- Vendor scoping and Market Intelligenece for current and emerging technologies
- Aligning available technologies and vendors with Discover goals and requirments
- Manage vendor onboarding and vendor monitoring processes per internal Discover processes
- End to end management of large scale third party interactions from vendor engagement to business deployment
- Oversee and execute the data acquisition and transfer processes for multiple data vendors
- Work with senior business management on vendor demonstrations and vendor comparisons
- Guide the vendor and Discover business through the interaction process ensuring all Discover guidelines are followed throughout the engagement
- Works on contract renewals for strategic relationships.
- Leads volume reporting efforts for credit bureaus.
- Works with team members and collaborates with business partners to manage third-party contracts, vendor onboarding, and vendor monitoring processes per internal discover policy.
- Guides the vendor and Discover business through the interaction process ensuring all Discover guidelines/polices are followed throughout the engagement.
- Regularly evaluate new data sources and products that may contribute to the enhancement of models, strategies, and infrastructure.
- Establishes and maintains a thorough understanding of the analytical data sources available for risk modeling (e.g., credit bureau data, portfolio information, transactions, and payments data).
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- 4+ years of experience in the financial services industry
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in project management and in the financial services industry
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Finance, Math, or Business
- 2+ years of business experience and/or business project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to distill business requirements from high level business discussions
- Demonstrated ability to functionally guide cross-functional teams to work towards a common goal
- Ability to research, manage and justify projects based on available information and requirements
- Basic understanding of data concepts
- Working knowledge of relational databases and data transfer methodologies
- Prior experience in business model development, model governance, software implementations and deployments is a plus
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.